Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #286
acrc1969
acrc1969 began at the beginning.

Device: literati (white)
Hey Coinin Thank you so much for jogging my dead brain cells.Thanks to your post with link I contacted BBB and after a little back and forth today I received a LookBook looks like same deal in a different package.All the cords fit,so I have it charging for the required 6 hours,tho gotta tell ya the plastic around the glass frame had a piece stickin up,but it pressed back down. Little info when I talked to someone at Kobo they tried to talk me into a LookBook,when I asked who serviced they said they did. Guess what? I'm thinking my rant at the marketing manager at Sharper Image had some effect, cause my LookBook is labeled MERCHSOURCE. How about that? I asked the dude at SI how they could let their name be used in association with a company that did not provide customer service, and then detailed all my attempts at resolving the problem. So here's
Praying this one works for a while,then I'm gonna do a tablet.
acrc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #287
Irishman13
Irishman13 began at the beginning.

Device: Literati
PDF files

I just received my first Literati and love it (had a few start-up downloading issues but got them resolved easily). My one questions is: I have several PDF files I was hoping to load onto my Literati. After connecting my Literati to my comp I tried copying the files over to the Literati but can't figure out what folder to save them in. Is this something I would need Calibre for, or is there an easier way to do this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Irishman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:31 AM   #288
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishman13 View Post
I just received my first Literati and love it (had a few start-up downloading issues but got them resolved easily). My one questions is: I have several PDF files I was hoping to load onto my Literati. After connecting my Literati to my comp I tried copying the files over to the Literati but can't figure out what folder to save them in. Is this something I would need Calibre for, or is there an easier way to do this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Basically the Literati will find them wherever they are stored but I would suggest keeping it simple with a separate folder. They will show up under Docs.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #289
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
First ever glitch with our Literati. Loaded some new books via Calibre and everything disappeared. I can see the books on the SD card when inserted into my computer, but on the Literati, all is blank.

I'm going to fool with it a bit this evening, but not worried if it's a goner. We've had it 8 months and only paid $12. At $1.50 per month, I'd say we got our moneys worth.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #290
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
First ever glitch with our Literati. Loaded some new books via Calibre and everything disappeared. I can see the books on the SD card when inserted into my computer, but on the Literati, all is blank.

I'm going to fool with it a bit this evening, but not worried if it's a goner. We've had it 8 months and only paid $12. At $1.50 per month, I'd say we got our moneys worth.
It is probably ok, just didn't read the card. Try a reset or rebooting your reader.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #291
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It is probably ok, just didn't read the card. Try a reset or rebooting your reader.

Dale
I did a reset of it with a paper clip last night when it happened and still nothing. Nothing on the reader memory is showing up either.

I am in hopes that if I keep fooling with it enough the books will show back up. Both my daughter and I really like this reader and have not had any trouble with it up to this point.

EDIT: Fixed it!!!! I went to advanced settings and did a factory reset that way. Once it rebooted, it had all the books it came with. I then popped in the SD card and it recognized all the books on it. Yay!!!

Last edited by wvcherrybomb; 10-17-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Add stuff
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #292
bbaum
bbaum began at the beginning.

Device: LookBook eReader
I have read all posts on "If you need help with your Literati come here!" Well here I am. Like many others mine was a gift (a "prize" hmmm!). Between call to CS (at new nimbers etc.) and stubborn persistence I have figured out many things. But one major issue I cannot solve. The books already loaded will come up and are readable etc. (but of course I don't want them). On a book I purchased from Kobo store (and another free one from there) it will read on the computer (and on iPhone app) but not on (Literati) LookBook. I've tried many things repeatedly. The consistent error is: "The Content you are trying to view is locked. Please update your library to access your books. Press the "Shop" button and select "Update Library". If the problem persists, please contact customer care." OK, I have tried all those suggestions plus more. I have called CS twice and had issue elevated to a Tier 2. When they didn
t get back to me I called again. On phone they end up twisting the question to something similar that they can answer and then it ends. HELP
bbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #293
janila10
janila10 began at the beginning.

Device: literati ereader
I finally got to talk to a tech and mine was a goner! It is doing the same thing-won't download. She told me they have been discontinued and Kohl's may give a store credit but I haven't gotten there yet.
janila10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #294
bbaum
bbaum began at the beginning.

Device: LookBook eReader
One problem resolved

Almost by accident I was able to resolve my problem as posted Oct 26 - "The Content you are trying to view is locked. Please update your library to access your books. Press the "Shop" button and select "Update Library". With the LookBook disconnected from computer I did a factory re-set. Yes a nuisance, but not a huge problem to re-enter time, date WEB wireless number etc. I deleted downloaded books from the LookBook. Then I did a SYNC via Wireless, without being connected to computer, and after a few minutes the books were back, still bookmarked etc., and all seemed to be completed. So then I tried to read the book I had purchased and all has worked fine since then. bbaum
bbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #295
literati ereader
literati ereader began at the beginning.

Device: literati and Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaum View Post
Almost by accident I was able to resolve my problem as posted Oct 26 - "The Content you are trying to view is locked. Please update your library to access your books. Press the "Shop" button and select "Update Library". With the LookBook disconnected from computer I did a factory re-set. Yes a nuisance, but not a huge problem to re-enter time, date WEB wireless number etc. I deleted downloaded books from the LookBook. Then I did a SYNC via Wireless, without being connected to computer, and after a few minutes the books were back, still bookmarked etc., and all seemed to be completed. So then I tried to read the book I had purchased and all has worked fine since then. bbaum
I just got a literati for my son. HARD to find support. I am not easily deterred.

For those of you exasperated you can find support here:
http://mscustomercare.com/literati/

new number to try 866-204-4714

Good Luck
literati ereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #296
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Is the Literati still available for sale?

I'm surprised. Or did you get a used one?
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #297
oldhen59
oldhen59 began at the beginning.

Device: literati reader
i have a literati reader. i cannot delete books ,add books ,or do a factory reset. is there any place that i can send for repair. i got as a gift in xmas 2010. work fine till about 2 weeks ago.
oldhen59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #298
CastratedBean
CastratedBean began at the beginning.

Device: Sharper Image Literati
hey! I'm new here & I've never owned an e-reader. I was lucky enough to get one from E-bay and unlucky enough that I'm basicially too dumb to function with it. (

the literati I have came with no sort of charger. The person I purchased it from said I could use an USB to charge it. I have tried every sort of USB I have (even the one with the changing ends) and nothing charged it.....

any suggestions? Will it only take a certain USB/charger?
CastratedBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #299
kmbmkb
kmbmkb began at the beginning.

Device: literati
literati charger

the Literati charger I received with mine actually says Blackberry on it. I sent my Literati back once because it wouldn't turn on. The new one they sent me last June wouldn't turn on either. Exchanged it for the last one Kohl's had in June. It worked until last month. Won't turn on again. I've tried reset and CS. Think I'll switch to Nook or Kindle.
kmbmkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #300
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastratedBean View Post
hey! I'm new here & I've never owned an e-reader. I was lucky enough to get one from E-bay and unlucky enough that I'm basicially too dumb to function with it. (

the literati I have came with no sort of charger. The person I purchased it from said I could use an USB to charge it. I have tried every sort of USB I have (even the one with the changing ends) and nothing charged it.....

any suggestions? Will it only take a certain USB/charger?
I'm not sure it's meant to charge via USB - it's been a while since I connected my Literati to the computer via USB. The wall charger that you should've received with the Literati doesn't plug in to the USB, it connects in the small round port just to the right of the USB port. You might try taking it to a Radio Shack, see if you can find a wall charger that will fit into that charging port. I pulled up the PDF User's Manual and don't see anything about it charging via USB.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote