Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
scribblenauts
scribblenauts began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
Help with CBR/CBZ to EPUB

Hi guys, i've recently purchased a prs-600 with a main reason to read comics. I have encountered problems in converting cbr/cbz to epub with the order of the jpgs.

So I have a folder that have say 100 jpgs. They are all named correctly (01.jpg-100.jpg)I have zipped them up and renamed it to .cbz. When I open the archive using winzip/winrar, the jpgs are listed in the correct order.

I then load them up to calibre and converted it to epub with the default settings.

But when I view the resultant epub, the pages(jpgs) arent in order anymore

is there a setting that I missed in calibre?
scribblenauts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
The number of digits per file name should be the same-- 001.jpg to 100.jpg, for instance (I don't know if the 01.jpg to 100.jpg you mentioned was a typo or not.)

To me, Calibre does a totally unsatisfactory job of converting comics. I use the command line "comictolrf" program-- all I need to do is open a DOS prompt on the folder containing the comics I want to convert and type "comiclrf *.cb*"

Of course those LRF files can be used only on Sony readers, but that is what you have.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
R0B_IX
Enthusiast
R0B_IX began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Well, there is an option under the comic input conversion preference that will tell calibre to not sort the items by name, but that should be unchecked by default. I suspect it's more a case of needing to include all 3 digits in each file. In other words, they should be named as follows:
001.jpg
002.jpg
010.jpg
100.jpg

I can confirm that this is required in Linux.
R0B_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
scribblenauts
scribblenauts began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
thanks for the reply guys. I'll need to doublecheck the filename that I use ><

ardeegee, i might try that program if i don't have any luck with calibre...
scribblenauts is offline   Reply With Quote