Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 01-30-2004, 07:46 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Future of Turcic!

Hi!

Thanks to you, your nice words and support, I will continue turcic.com.

In fact, as I mentioned before, I am currently working on a new concept which includes

- a new site brand name (mobileread.com),
- a comprehensive front page,
- tons of new features (such as a mobile-browsable forum!)

I am 100% convinced you will like it, heh.

In this regard, I'd like to mention that I would always welcome some financial support. Only a small contribution from each of you could help me to cover some of the costs incurred. You can find my PayPal link here.

Best Regards,

Alexander
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 08:32 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks to our financial supporters (list automatically updated):

bookrats
brahamt
dillon65
emceephd
renbud
Francesco
TadW
anonymous

Total Amount collected so far: $100
Total Amount needed for completion of the new site: $160 (designer + renewed forum license)
Advert
Old 02-02-2004, 10:38 AM   #3
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
Alexander, I really dislike PayPal. Is there some other way I can send you money? Philippe Radley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Hi!

Thanks to you, your nice words and support, I will continue turcic.com.

In fact, as I mentioned before, I am currently working on a new concept which includes

- a new site brand name (mobileread.com),
- a comprehensive front page,
- tons of new features.

I am 100% convinced you will like it, heh.

In this regard, I'd like to mention that I would always welcome some financial support. Only a small contribution from each of you could help me to cover some of the costs incurred. You can find my PayPal link here.

Best Regards,

Alexander
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:13 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

check your PM, Philippe.

Alex
Old 02-04-2004, 03:26 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Since I am not a designer, I am currently trying to hire a capable one. As soon as I have an adequate design, I can do further programming and styling to the new site. Perhaps I have to take this one down for a couple of days when I transfer everything.

Some people have contacted me about supporting me with a small financial contribution. Even if you don't like PayPal, you can of course message me and I will give you my direct account information. I promise every cent will go into the development of this site!

Thanks again for all your interest!!

Alex

BTW: The visits to our site have been increasing over the past few months. Just in January, we had an average of 54000 hits or 1740 unique visits PER DAY.
Advert
Old 02-07-2004, 05:52 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

In case you wonder, I just upgraded the forum software since someone tried to hack our database. There are a few graphical and functional changes, but this has nothing to do with the new site I am working on

Alex
Old 02-20-2004, 07:25 PM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I am in the process of reordering the forum. Navigation will be easier once I've finished programming the new site.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:11 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I began to write the mobile version of this forum. There will be in fact two versions. One for offline-browsers like iSilo, allowing to download the latest xx threads. And a second version which is basically the complete forum with full browsing and posting capabilities.

What I am struggling with is whether I should use tables or not. Some browsers like Avantgo don't support tables. On the hand, the output looks nicer with tables for those who support tables (iSiloX, Plucker, the various online-browsers).

Should I use tables or not?
Old 02-25-2004, 08:39 AM   #9
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Alex,

I would say to use tables. Avantgo has not been updated in a very long time and don't forget their limit on custom pages. I think only ten other people can have a custom channel that is not part of the Avantgo network. You can also make a barebones version for the Avantgo people like text only.
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 09:04 PM   #10
Dmc
Enthusiast
Dmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it isDmc knows what time it is

Device: Audiovox Thera/2032
I think Avantgo is capable with tables. Under the preferences there is an option that says "Show Tables:" and when I select it, it does change the layout to one of my pages (it actually makes it look like a real web page) I will look into avntgo's tables functions in more depth l8er.
So:
X - Tables
O - No-Tables

(my vote)
Dmc is offline   Reply With Quote