Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-26-2015, 03:36 PM   #46
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
The Romans were the big ones for naming sons after fathers or so I have heard. It drives historians crazy trying to figure out which man of a given name is which I understand.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #47
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Yep. .
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #48
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
George Foreman has 5 sons, all called George!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:19 PM   #49
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Pidgeon was my cockatiel. We got him in 1973 when I was 5 years old. He died in 1992. When I started on AOL back in '95, I chose the username Pidgeon. When I got onto other internet forums after that, I found that the name Pidgeon was often taken, so I tacked the year of his death on the end. I use this username on every forum I'm a member of.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:36 AM   #50
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I agree it does have its moments as it spoofs SF and Star Wars in particular.
For me, the problem with Spaceballs is that it came out at the wrong time, long after the original release of the first-released Star Wars trilogy. It would have been better to release it when the first-released Star Wars trilogy was re-released at the theaters.

Concerning my username: I'm a fan of the Carpenters (they are my favorite group) and also single, so I chose a name based on one of their songs: Solitaire. The "1" was just to avoid duplication in case there was already a "Solitaire" as a member when I joined. BTW, although Karen Carpenter gives a great vocal performance of the song, "Solitaire" is not one of my favorite songs although it is part of their, in my opinion, best album: Horizon.

Last edited by Solitaire1; 01-27-2015 at 06:41 AM.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #51
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Pidgeon was my cockatiel. We got him in 1973 when I was 5 years old. He died in 1992. When I started on AOL back in '95, I chose the username Pidgeon. When I got onto other internet forums after that, I found that the name Pidgeon was often taken, so I tacked the year of his death on the end. I use this username on every forum I'm a member of.
Sounds like he was quite the elderly bird when he died. You must have taken excellent care of him.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:02 PM   #52
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Sounds like he was quite the elderly bird when he died. You must have taken excellent care of him.
He was a great bird. Sadly, the cockatiel that followed him didn't make it quite so long. I do have a Nanday Conure that I've owned since 2001, and that mean little bird is in excellent health.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:09 PM   #53
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:35 PM   #54
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I just thought "Whereever" looked really strange. So I changed it sound the same.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:05 PM   #55
Axcbjlg
Axcbjlg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3 with 3G Firmware versiom 3.4.1
At the local middle school that I went to, there are the letters AXCBJLG glued to the ground on the corner of the gym floor. I think they were vinyl stickers, but I'm not certain.
Axcbjlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:29 AM   #56
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
I'm a Lord of the Rings fanatic. Glorfindel is my first choice for any site.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #57
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I used to be a big fan of Judge Dredd, the 2000AD comic character (kind of still am, but don't read the comic anymore). Orlok the Assassin was possibly his most dangerous nemesis.

Last edited by orlok; 02-13-2015 at 03:39 AM. Reason: corrected 2000AD
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:44 PM   #58
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I used to be a big fan of Judge Dredd, the 200AD comic character (kind of still am, but don't read the comic anymore). Orlok the Assassin was possibly his most dangerous nemesis.
It was also the name of Boris Karloff's character in one of his last movies (Targets 1968). He plays an elderly horror actor.