Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #31
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur
ereaderundecided began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji99 View Post
Ahhh, if only they decided to use consistent product names, it would be easier to find these videos!
I hear you and concur It could be so easy like "the new Boox Touch v2"
ereaderundecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #32
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur

Any word when the new i62 HD with backlite will arrive? I'm going to buy the Sony T2 if I have to wait any longer
Old 09-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #33
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderundecided View Post
Any word when the new i62 HD with backlite will arrive? I'm going to buy the Sony T2 if I have to wait any longer

I will get some SP (series production) samples next week. The main bulk could be produced within of 3-4 weeks (shipping takes 2-3 days). But I want to test them first before we place an order.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #34
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur

I assume the price will be the same as the old HD and the old HD will be sold off cheaper once the new on has arrived, right?
Old 09-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Backlit i62HD NEVER EVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderundecided View Post
The answer is never. There will never ever for all of time and space be a backlit i62HD. It won't happen soon, it won't happen longer then soon. I won't every happen. Don't waste your time waiting for a backlit i62HD. It'll never come to market.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I will get some SP (series production) samples next week. The main bulk could be produced within of 3-4 weeks (shipping takes 2-3 days). But I want to test them first before we place an order.
Don't listen to Booxtor. He's delirious. He's saying he's got samples of a backlit i62HD when such is never ever going to be released.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

eink doesn't allow for being backlit. So there is no way it's possible to get a backlit i62HD. eink has to be frontlit.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 AM   #38
Hui Neng
Ebookreader
Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Hui Neng turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Nook Simple Touch - Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
eink doesn't allow for being backlit. So there is no way it's possible to get a backlit i62HD. eink has to be frontlit.
Talk about splitting hairs: who cares about the specific technology?
There will be a built-in light and that is all that matters.
Hui Neng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #39
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't listen to Booxtor. He's delirious. He's saying he's got samples of a backlit i62HD when such is never ever going to be released.
Oops Obviously I mean "frontlit" i62HD (never told about backlit)

Last edited by Booxtor; 09-17-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui Neng View Post
Not caring about the technology is one thing. Making the specific claim that it's a "backlight" (ie a light behind the display) is just wrong, plain and simple.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui Neng View Post
There will be a built-in light and that is all that matters.
The reason this needs to be corrected because some people might not know that you cannot backlight eink and they would not buy it because they don't like to read books on a backlit device such as a tablet. Getting the information wrong can lose sales.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #42
Booxtor
Booxtor

Just a short video of my sample Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly.
You can see here how brightness adjustment and multitouch zooming work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPE_OaOkX0o

Last edited by Booxtor; 10-05-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #43
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Just a short video of my samle Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly.
You can see here how work brightness adjustment and how multitouch zooming.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPE_OaOkX0o
Thanks. Still in my view this video proves that front-lit eink is just a bad idea. If the screen is brighter than the light around, it simply has to be sore on eyes. You need an external source to lighten the device and the space around it - thats simple ergonomy.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #44
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
Thanks. Still in my view this video proves that front-lit eink is just a bad idea. If the screen is brighter than the light around, it simply has to be sore on eyes. You need an external source to lighten the device and the space around it - thats simple ergonomy.
How would you view the Kindle Paperwite then? Better?
Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
You don't have to turn up the light so bright that it bothers you.