Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #1
Kartoffelr
Kartoffelr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Thumbs up Sorting small ebooks in the library | Change the file size column to KB?

Hello,

I have a lot entries in my calibre library. Although the page count go from 2 pages up to 300 pages, the file size column rounds them to "<0.1" or "0.1" MB.
Most of them are .odt-files.

Is it possible to change the displayed file size from MB to KB, so i am able to sort them? Alternatively, is there another way to sort them, via quantity of words, or pages?

Thanks!

Last edited by Kartoffelr; 04-12-2015 at 06:25 AM.
Kartoffelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:23 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffelr View Post
Hello,

I have a lot entries in my calibre library. Although the page count go from 2 pages up to 300 pages, the file size column rounds them to "<0.1" or "0.1" MB.
Most of them are .odt-files.

Is it possible to change the displayed file size from MB to KB, so i am able to sort them? Alternatively, is there another way to sort them, via quantity of words, or pages?

Thanks!
No change

But regardless of the display, it still should sort properly Click the title of the Size column

a finer size value is displayed on the 'I'(nformation) panel
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
Kartoffelr

It indeed does, thank you!

Still, it would be great for me to have these informations in the columns somehow.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You might look at the Count Pages PI (if your files are EPUB)

IMHO Page (or word) count is a better indicator than file size.
Many other things (besides span messy code) affect file size
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:55 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
It indeed does, thank you!

Still, it would be great for me to have these informations in the columns somehow.
The thread Can't get {size} data in a User Column? might be of interest to you. It discusses how to get the size value into a custom column. I suspect you would want to use the "human_readable" template function in such a template.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:48 AM   #6
Kartoffelr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The thread Can't get {size} data in a User Column? might be of interest to you. It discusses how to get the size value into a custom column. I suspect you would want to use the "human_readable" template function in such a template.
Sadly, i fail trying to create a user column with this. And i have NO idea what a template is in this context. I created a user column but there are no options other then its name, description and "search name(?)".
Maybe the calibre UI translation (german instead of english) is in the way, too?

This is so un-intuitive...

Last edited by Kartoffelr; 04-12-2015 at 05:54 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:08 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Sadly, i fail trying to create a user column with this. And i have NO idea what a template is in this context.
Maybe the calibre UI translation (german instead of english) is in the way, too?
Create a user column "Built from other columns". Do not use "Built from other columns, behaves like tags". Name it however you want. Put the following Template Program Mode template into the "template" box"
Code:
{:'ifempty(human_readable(booksize()), '0 B')'}
The following screen capture shows what I am talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	339
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	137144  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:20 AM   #8
Kartoffelr

This works like a charm.