Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Refurbished Kindle 1 for $199

Listings are appearing on Amazon for factory refurbished K1's at a new reduced price of $199. Last time refurbished units were listed, it was very sporadic - and they were quickly bought. So, if you are interested, keep checking back to the K1 listing page for the "Refurbished" tab.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Heh, they must have been snapped up quickly. All seem to be in the $250 and up range. One for $325, can you believe that? Much as I like my K1, if I was a first buyer I'd take the $299 K2 I think.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still one listed:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...on=refurbished
Old 07-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Thanks, pooh, I now realize was not looking at refurbs. I rushed this link to a friend who is looking for a good deal (no more for $150 on eBay now) on a K1.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I just paid $180 to have Amazon fix/replace my Kindle 1 (I broke the screen).
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
That's a great deal. I wonder if I should move this to the deals section. Many new users are looking for an eInk device under $200.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
They seem to have 284 in stock
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
That's a great deal. I wonder if I should move this to the deals section. Many new users are looking for an eInk device under $200.

BOb
I debated where to post this - to get the most attention for those looking for an ereader under $200.

Edit: Put a brief note up in the Deals section.

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 07-16-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
KindleKid
Zealot
KindleKid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Thank god I sold my Kindle when I did. Literally a week before K2 came out. I got $350 for it!
KindleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #10
veezer
veezer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ended up ordering one; looked pristine, and when I called up the rep to register it (had some difficulties doing it over the air), he confirmed that it was brand new, even though it said refurbished on the warehousedeals site. Not a bad deal at all.
veezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:05 AM   #11
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
That's a great deal. I guess one has to be on a constant watch to catch one of these.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:34 AM   #12
morrissey2k7
morrissey2k7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, here I come!
I just bought one of these $199 refurbs and I absolutely love it! If I didn't know it was refurbished, I'd think it was brand new -- the Kindle itself is in immaculate condition and it arrived factory sealed.

I'd been wanting to upgrade for quite awhile from my eBookwise to something with e-ink, but since I only paid $129 for that, all these $250-300+ ebook readers just didn't seem worth the cost to me (especially since there's nothing wrong with my eBookwise -- other than being somewhat dated). But when I saw these Kindles for $199, I jumped on the chance to get one -- I hope that $199 is a "magic price" for others that have been holding out for an e-ink reader as well.

Oh, and pboss, they appear to have quite a few of these refurbs on hand -- every time I've checked the site since the 16th they've shown the refurbs in stock.

Regardless of the recent "1984 debacle" (which I think everyone is blowing way out of proportion -- just my two cents), I'm loving my Kindle so far. It's a very sexy device (and I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I dig the K1's kinda funky design, haha).
morrissey2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:19 AM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrissey2k7 View Post
I just bought one of these $199 refurbs and I absolutely love it! If I didn't know it was refurbished, I'd think it was brand new -- the Kindle itself is in immaculate condition and it arrived factory sealed.
What's the warranty on the refurb, is it one year? Do you still get the 30day return policy? I think I might get on for my mom's birthday in August.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #14
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What's the warranty on the refurb, is it one year? Do you still get the 30day return policy? I think I might get on for my mom's birthday in August.

BOb
This is on the product description line for the refurbished units.

"Factory refurbished. Package factory sealed. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy."
Old 07-27-2009, 01:02 AM   #15
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I just paid $180 to have Amazon fix/replace my Kindle 1 (I broke the screen).
Woh, so expensive If they gave me that price I would be tempted to just buy a new K2.

If they refurb these as well as Apple refurbs their gear, it might be a great way to grab a cheap Kindle!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote