Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #46
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh sheesh, next thing you know, lazy scot will be wanting a shrubbery.
Are you questioning my sanity?

'tis but a scratch.

BTW. What's your favourite colour....

Last edited by LazyScot; 09-08-2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Spelling; LazyScot, learn spelling
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #47
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Good point, ZP. I hadn't thought of that. I was wondering if we could use these birds, though. They appear to be able to carry llamas and thus might handle coconuts, too.
Are those African swallows, perhaps? (Or Norwegian Blue Parrots?)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #48
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Are you questioning my sanity?

'tis but a scratch.

BTW. What's your favourite colour....
new game !!! how long can we converse using ONLY quotations and references from mp ??? ("a really long time", i bet...)

humour me, or i will threaten you with the comfy chair !!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:57 PM   #49
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Are those African swallows, perhaps? (Or Norwegian Blue Parrots?)
oh, an african swallow, maybe !! but then, african swallows are non-migratory...
Old 09-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #50
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
The Princess Bride is on acidzebra's list. How could I have missed that one? Inconceivable!

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #51
zelda_pinwheel

there is a lot of good stuff on acidzebra's list. i'd go into detail but it's 3.30 in the damned morning here.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #52
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
OK, in English films:
  • Blazing Saddles
  • Coconuts
  • Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Kelly's Heroes
  • Fantasia (it has hippos in it)
  • To Kill a Mockingbird
  • Goodfellas
  • The Godfather
  • Lawrence of Arabia
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (great book too)
  • Putney Swoope
  • Citizen Kane
  • Patton
  • Pulp Fiction
  • High Noon
  • On the Waterfront
  • M*A*S*H
In subtitled films:
  • J'Tem J'Tem (French scifi b+w that looks more like a slide show, excellent)
  • The Tin Drum (German based on the Gunter Grass book)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:43 AM   #53
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Amélie
Bliss (based on one of my favourite novels)
The Color Purple
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Shortbus
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:21 AM   #54
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
OOOOOh! Dr. Strangelove! Now I know why my life has been so empty these last few years. Netflix queue here I come!

That reminds me, Life is Beautiful.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #55
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Good point, ZP. I hadn't thought of that. I was wondering if we could use these birds, though. They appear to be able to carry llamas and thus might handle coconuts, too.
Yeah, I just stole that as an avatar.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #56
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
true !

interesting proposition, vr ! perhaps they could set up some sort of system where they could use vines held under the dorsal guiding feathers to carry them. or alternately, maybe they could just carry the llama, and let the llama carry the coconuts.

oh sheesh, next thing you know, lazy scot will be wanting a shrubbery.
Oh, sure. What do you think we are, beasts of burden? Oh, yeah. But still!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #57
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
OOOOOh! Dr. Strangelove! Now I know why my life has been so empty these last few years. Netflix queue here I come!

That reminds me, Life is Beautiful.
I have a copy of the Strangelove DVD right here, I'll fire it up for you VR. Got some popcorn (for me) and slab of bacon (for you), kick back and avoid work for a while. Pass the Dr Pepper will ya
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #58
zelda_pinwheel

oh Dr. Strangelove !!! masterpiece !!!! if you have not seen it yet, you must see it NOW.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #59
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
oh Dr. Strangelove !!! masterpiece !!!! if you have not seen it yet, you must see it NOW.
After all, it has a Texan flying the B-52 on in..
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #60
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
After all, it has a Texan flying the B-52 on in..
...and peter sellers as an insane, evil genius. need we say more ? i think not.

Tags
movies, silliness, unutterable silliness