Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
symonray
symonray began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701, Pocketbook 360, JetBook, JetBook Lite and Kindle 3
B&N Nook App Question

I would like to download and use the B&N Nook app on my Pocketbook IQ 701. Has anyone had success in using the Nook app on their ID 701? If so, could someone direct me to a web link or web-site where I can download the APK file for the app? Thanks for the help.
symonray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
syoggy
syoggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, NookColor, and Pocketbook IQ
In a review from another forum the reviewer was unable to get the nook app running, perhaps upcoming firmware update will fix this.
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 07:00 AM   #3
symonray

Thanks for the information. Well, do any of the apps for the larger e-book sites (kindle, borders, etc.) currently work on the IQ 701? If so, I would be interested in downloading and trying them on my device. Specifically, I am interested in those e-book apps (such as b&n, borders) that have seamless access to the large quantity of older, public-domain books through Google Books and related sources. Thanks again.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
syoggy
syoggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, NookColor, and Pocketbook IQ
The kindle app works really well.

If you do a search in google on the Pocketbook IQ you will probably find the site that has the review I mentioned. Has all the reader apps in a zip file.

Steve
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Quote:
Specifically, I am interested in those e-book apps (such as b&n, borders) that have seamless access to the large quantity of older, public-domain books through Google Books and related sources. Thanks again.
You could also download Aldiko (quite okay) or FBReaderJ (not the best reading app) and use one of their integrated shops/archives, feedbooks e.g.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
the Nook app is HUGE! Its much bigger than the Kindle app and TWICE as big as the Google Maps app! I believe we have a working version now but I personally havent tried it yet. I will have the list up anyday now( my site update keeps getting put off)
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
symonray

Thank you. I look forward to downloading the Nook app and checking out the other apps you will be posting on your web-page.