Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #2971
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
from memory. no. should be okay

In fact IIRC it is hard to discern exactly what 4.1.1 does deliver.
wash and brush up perhaps.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #2972
dider
dider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: kindle4
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
from memory. no. should be okay

In fact IIRC it is hard to discern exactly what 4.1.1 does deliver.
wash and brush up perhaps.
Thank you very much, I will stay alert!
dider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #2973
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
If i want to install the screensaver hack on a kindle Paperwhite which Python Install file should i choose, because i cant see any for the paperwhite. thank you
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:58 AM   #2974
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
If i want to install the screensaver hack on a kindle Paperwhite which Python Install file should i choose, because i cant see any for the paperwhite. thank you
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474
Old 01-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #2975
Wolowizardry
Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kinlde 4 (Grey)
Hey i have a question, after installing the jailbreak and the wallpapers i registered my kindle and i got a notice from amazon that read:

"Test kindle installation report:

Dear developer.
your kindle is no longer a test kindle and is unable to test items previously signed by authorized developers.
If you want your device to be a test kindle again, please contact the developer.
Thank you.
The kindle team"

is this message because of the jailbreak?
Also i got deals in my kindle after registration but i did a restore to factory defaults and the ads were gone so i did the jailbreak and the wallpapers hack all over again and its fine now, but not registered.
Wolowizardry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #2976
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolowizardry View Post
Hey i have a question, after installing the jailbreak and the wallpapers i registered my kindle and i got a notice from amazon that read:

"Test kindle installation report:

Dear developer.
your kindle is no longer a test kindle and is unable to test items previously signed by authorized developers.
If you want your device to be a test kindle again, please contact the developer.
Thank you.
The kindle team"

is this message because of the jailbreak?
Also i got deals in my kindle after registration but i did a restore to factory defaults and the ads were gone so i did the jailbreak and the wallpapers hack all over again and its fine now, but not registered.
When you 'register' that process disturbs the MR keys installed.

The proper procedure is to:
Register your device ;
Have Amazon remove the ads (if your device has them) ;
Then jailbreak ;
Then add desired hacks.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #2977
ext233
Enthusiast
ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

i have a PW that automatically updated to 5.3.3, and now my custom screensavers aren't showing up anymore! i'm not even sure if the jailbreak itself survived or not.

the files are definitely still on the device, though. what should i do?
ext233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:06 AM   #2978
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ext233 View Post
i have a PW that automatically updated to 5.3.3, and now my custom screensavers aren't showing up anymore! i'm not even sure if the jailbreak itself survived or not.

the files are definitely still on the device, though. what should i do?
Cross-posting in this forum is considered "bad manners".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:59 AM   #2979
ext233
Enthusiast
ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Cross-posting in this forum is considered "bad manners".
wasn't sure whether my problem was related to the screensaver hack or the jailbreak itself so i posted in both threads.
ext233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #2980
twobob

he didn't make the rules.

POSTING GUIDELINES: POINT 3 https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...ing_guidelines

but he has read them : D
Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #2981
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Smile Thanks!

Sorry to clutter up the thread but I just had to say thanks to NiLuJe and anyone else involved in the screensavers hack (and jail breaking). The one feature I was missing from my Sony was displaying the current book cover as the sleep screen, and now five minutes following some easy instructions and I've got it on my basic Kindle (non-touch, 2012 black model with 4.1.1 firmware).

So, thanks everyone.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #2982
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ext233: Completely normal, PW updates are 'full' images, that wipe everything on the system. Reinstall the hacks (provided you used a recent enough JailBreak, that's the only thing that will have survived).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #2983
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
ChangeLog:[*]ScreenSavers:
  • v0.34.N:
    • Implement a new cover mode setting: black letterboxing borders. (Drop a blank black file in the linkss folder to enable this mode)
Is it a blank file named black?
— OR —
A 600x800 black jpg named black?
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #2984
twobob

the former
Old 02-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #2985
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I did a blank file named black and I'm still getting the white around the book covers. Even after a reboot. Was I supposed to remove the black cover file?
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet