Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #46
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Sweet
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #47
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
Hopefully they can crank this out pretty quickly. I think the Kindle experience is far superior to reading on a PC, I think it does open up a few interesting possibilities. (For one thing, there are periodicals for Kindle that would really benefit from a color screen.)
I agree, reading on the Kindle is a far better experience. I do have certain periodicals and other items I like to read that would be better on the PC. I don't do long term reading on the PC.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #48
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I just noticed that is only for a PC! Grrr....
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #49
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Apparently their person on Facebook said a Mac version will be coming too.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #50
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
Why should I go with a company who are only doing the minimum after being forced into it by their competition outplaying them?

Good question if you ask me.

My take on this is that Amazon has felt in control of the market/industry right up until the B&N announcement.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #51
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
BIG difference between 'running scared' and being competitive. And that's good... the more competitive these get the better it'll be for all of us.

But Amazon is hardly 'running scared.'
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #52
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Neener, neener!

I'm sure they'll have a mac version soon, or maybe you can run it in emulation mode eh?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Do Kindle books bought to read using the iPhone app have a different PID linked to them than books bought from the Kindle on the same Amazon account? I'm just wondering if the software apps have PIDs associated with the hardware they're running on, and not the kindles on the Amazon account. Has anyone "liberated" a Kindle book bought using an iPhone, and if so, what PID was needed?
I have liberated AZW eBooks that were purchased using the Kindle APP. What was needed was a modification to the original KindlePID Python program and then the proper string to put in to get the PID. Then from there once you are able to get the AZZ books off the iPod or iPhone, you can use MobiDeDRM to remove the DRM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #54
bookwormfjl
Book Junkie
bookwormfjl has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505; Cybook Gen 3; Kindle 1; Kindle 2; Kindle DX; Nook
Finally, Kindle for the PC!
bookwormfjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #55
jhoff80
Enthusiast
jhoff80 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'd rather use this on my tablet in portrait mode than in landscape mode on a netbook or anything of that sort, myself.

Hopefully this will be better than other PC ebook reading software, which is decent, but nothing special - in my opinion the bigger issue with the PC reading experience isn't reading it on the PC, but the fact that there's no really good software for it.

And since I'd want to use it on the tablet, too bad it probably won't allow handwritten notes - only one that does that is the MS Reader for Tablets and that's just horrible software.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #56
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
Nice idea, but I'd much rather have Kindle for Mac. At least then I could more easily read at work during the slow times.
I guess Mac users are all supposed to have & use their iPhone or iPod Touch. Or use virtualization to run Windows.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #57
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
Why should I go with a company who are only doing the minimum after being forced into it by their competition outplaying them?
Thats the beauty of e-book readers. You don't have to go with any one company.

The choice is yours.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #58
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
From Facebook...

Quote:
For the Mac users out there, we will be releasing a free Kindle for Mac application in the next few months.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #59
jankovicgood
Connoisseur
jankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enoughjankovicgood will become famous soon enough

Device: sony
Amazon Kindle in a Fujitsu Tablet Pc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51fAh43dW0U
jankovicgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #60
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
Again, this has likely been in the works for awhile. And every vendor responds to the competition, that's how things work.
No, but again - why should I be paying attention to a company bring in a PC app late, which does the minimum and still has all the hallmarks and DRM of the company's control freak nature stamped all over it?
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote