Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
ezryder
ezryder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
Kobo screen with Black Bar of Death!

After a couple of years use all over the world, my beloved Kobo has now got the dreaded black bar of death on the screen.

I have tried the reset, charging the battery and reseating the screen connector cable but it still will not fix the display. I have googled for hours on end and found no fixes yet. I have came across several pics on various forums of this exact same issue, but I have not seen anyone who has fixed or has identified the exact problem.

When it is connected to my pc, my pc see it as normal and I can add and delete files at will. This makes me belive that everything internally is running fine and that it's just unable to display it. It has not been dropped or damaged to cause this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to help fix this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	another kobo.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	80951  
Attached Images

ezryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
This happened to my original Kobo a few months ago as well. I've been told that when the screen does that one of the connectors has come loose, mine was a bit more isolated than the pictures you attached, I was in the warranty so Kobo did replace it free of charge.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
Lordvic
Connoisseur
Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.

Device: Blackberry Playbook
Broken screen. you will have to contact Kobo support (good luck)
Lordvic is offline   Reply With Quote