Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 08-04-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
MobileRead on Tapatalk is finally, really here!

Disconnected from MobileRead? Forget about it - your neurotic urge to stay online and follow every discussion won't let you. And now it's even easier - with Tapatalk integrated into MobileRead.

For those of you still scratching your heads over what exactly you might use Tapatalk for, it's an app solution that provides super fast and convenient access to our community. It's available on various mobile platforms, usually for a small fee.

How to use Tapatalk

After downloading and installing Tapatalk on your mobile device, you will need to lookup our community. For example on Android devices, go to the Network tab and click on the "Lookup Forum" button. Enter mobileread. Click on the found match, and you will have the option to login using your regular login credentials. That's all. There are plenty of settings you can optionally adjust regarding theme color, post/PM notifications, etc.

And hey, let us know in our ongoing discussion if you see any problems with our Tapatalk integration. Thanks!

Lookup MobileRead
Click image for larger version

Name:	lookup.png
Views:	6479
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	90161

Settings

Name:	settings.png
Views:	6871
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	90164

Show forum home

Name:	home.png
Views:	5310
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	90159

Show latest topics

Name:	latest.png
Views:	5284
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	90160

Favorite/subscribed forums

Name:	favs.png
Views:	5529
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	90158

View a member's profile

Name:	profile.png
Views:	5168
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	90162

Search posts

Name:	search.png
Views:	5152
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	90163
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Really nice!
But is there a way to disable the annoying Tapatalk popup that tries to lure me into buying the app every time I visit your page?
Because I dont use Tapatalk and likely never will...
johnnyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Really nice!
But is there a way to disable the annoying Tapatalk popup that tries to lure me into buying the app every time I visit your page?
Because I dont use Tapatalk and likely never will...
Do you allow cookies to be set? A cookie is set that should determine that you clicked the popup away to not bother you with it again.

I am looking into if we can replace that default Tapatalk javascript snippet with a server-side solution, perhaps linked to a user profile.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Wonderful news. Thanks!
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
I noticed it this morning, prior posting or checking something in the forum. Really good news! Good job! :-) By the way, using it right now.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
The only problem I have is that it looks TapaTalk is checking the new posts by itself while the tablet is on stand-by, so when I come to the desktop and check what's new, it only shows a few new posts since I last logged in, although it's been hours. TapaTalk doesn't seem to have a setting to disable, or adjust, this auto check.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
The only problem I have is that it looks TapaTalk is checking the new posts by itself while the tablet is on stand-by, so when I come to the desktop and check what's new, it only shows a few new posts since I last logged in, although it's been hours. TapaTalk doesn't seem to have a setting to disable, or adjust, this auto check.
Set it to check every 12 hours (Settings |Notification | How often to check).
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Funny thing, I wanted tapatalk for this forum from the beginning of my membership but now I'm so used to using the .mobi website I have a hard time switching over haha.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What about Karma? :-) ... I think we can't give Karma using Tapatalk, can we? If possible, can someone explain how.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #10
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
What about Karma? :-) ... I think we can't give Karma using Tapatalk, can we? If possible, can someone explain how.
Nope karma isn't a tapatalk function.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:50 AM   #11
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Set it to check every 12 hours (Settings |Notification | How often to check).
Thanks, I didn't expect the setting to be in the "notification" area.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Interesting. While the notification feature can be adjusted or fully disabled in your client, as noted, I didn't know that it would use the global feature to track new posts.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #13
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
This is great!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
jocampo
Layback feline

Damn ... I love this thing. :-)

I had Tapatalk on my iPad but because Mobileread is the forum I use most and wasn't Tapatalk ready, didn't use it too much.

I bought the Android version and is fantastic on my Galaxy SII. Addictive, should I say.

Changing the avatar is even easier, as I usually take pictures of Lolis via phone.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
jocampo
Layback feline

Hey Alex,

Is it possible to add karma functions on Tapatalk?

I noticed that the fz6r forum I also visit has a "thanks" feature in Tapatalk.

I wonder if Karma, which is similar here, can also be implemented.