Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Thriller literature

Yeup, I'm the typical male when it comes to reading. I like books where the action never stops, mostly books about terrorists. I have completed all of the writtings of Tom Clancy, Vince Flynn, Brad Thor, Clive Cussler, Ken Folette and Robert Ludlum. What other authors could you recommend.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
Mel Comley
Addict
Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Have you tried Mark Adair's The Father's Child? Sorry forgot to add the link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Fathers-Child/dp/B004DCB3W0

http://www.amazon.com/The-Fathers-Child/dp/B004DCB3W0

Last edited by Mel Comley; 03-24-2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: added link
Mel Comley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Eric Van Lustbader. You might enjoy his 'white ninja' series and some of his other techno thrillers.

Barry Eisler (John Rain series) & Lee Child (Jack Reacher series). Personally I find Eisler is the more intelligent writer with more character development, lyrical prose, and excellent worldwide research. Child seems to be more popular though.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
David Morrell

- best known for First Blood (ala Rambo)

Christopher Reich
Daniel Silva
Frederick Forsyth

Last edited by Angst; 03-24-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Eric Van Lustbader. You might enjoy his 'white ninja' series and some of his other techno thrillers.

Barry Eisler (John Rain series) & Lee Child (Jack Reacher series). Personally I find Eisler is the more intelligent writer with more character development, lyrical prose, and excellent worldwide research. Child seems to be more popular though.
I loved Van Lusbader's 'white ninja' series! It may even be time to reread.

Lee Child's Jack Reacher series are fun and exciting. You may also find Jack DuBrul's books interesting.

You could also try the Literature Map to find something. Just type in an author name and see what comes up.

http://www.literature-map.com/
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
i really liked these two by noah boyd

the bricklayer

agent x

i just supplied both kindle versions here, i personally have a kobo and have them for that device which i got on kobo books.
i'm sure there are other places to get them though.

they both moved really fast and i liked the styling of it and the puzzles they hero had to go through and the writing is light and fun....i'm a huge fan of books like that, ones i can get into and 3 days later be satisfied...like your regular blow em up movies !!

edit: the bricklayer is book 1 and agent x is the follow up. i do hope he writes more.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #7
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
The Alex Hawke series by Ted Bell is pretty good. Here is the synopsis for the first book via Amazon.

Quote:
A James Bond for the 21st century, Alex Hawke is suave, sexy, smart, wealthy, and deadly. And he's got the bloodlines to prove it--the direct descendant of a famous English pirate, the British secret agent is back in the Caribbean where his ancestor once amassed a legendary fortune and where, decades ago, his own parents were brutally tortured and murdered for a secret Alex, to this day, doesn't know he has in his possession. What brings Alex back to the scene of a crime he only vaguely remembers witnessing as a child is a mission to find and recover a stealth submarine that's gone missing less than a hundred miles from the American mainland, complete with 40 nuclear warheads and a rogue terrorist's finger on the countdown button. It's a hoary premise, but Bell makes it work with skillful plotting, quick characterizations, and a lively hero who deserves a sequel, not to mention the big screen treatment.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
If you like Tom Clancy there's a good chance you'll like Larry Bond.
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote