Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
richough3
Enthusiast
richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Any news to ebook similar to Newsraider?

I used to use Newsraider a lot to parse news sites, but I was wondering if there is something out there similar to Newsraider that would output the news into an ebook format. I'm not talking about RSS feeds either as there are plenty of RSS to ebook, but since most ebook readers don't have WiFi, you only get a news clip, not the whole article. The thing I enjoyed about Newsraider was how it pulled the whole page and reassembled it based on scripts. Of course, the layout of the page would change periodically so the script had to be modified, but it was fun being able to cache all the news I wanted to read into one spot without all the ads, be able to read the articles offline, and still have a link to the article on the site if I wanted to go to the site as well. And then I could port the news to TomeRaider on the Pocket PC for when I wanted to take it along with me and still be able to read the full contents of the article.
richough3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
macr0t0r
Connoisseur
macr0t0r doesn't littermacr0t0r doesn't litter

Device: Palm Treo 680, Sony Reader
What device are you using? I still use Plucker (there's a client for the PalmOS Treos, and FBreader reads them on my Nokia N800).

Alternatively, you could create some "recipes" in the Calibre software. It will pull down the news and covert it to your format of choice.

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert