Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
Hattie
Enthusiast
Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: many
Author Sort settings on different computer

I successfully moved my library to another computer. There is one setting which didn't transfer. I've searched the forum and user manual but my way of organizing is admittedly backwards so I'm not finding a way to do it. I like for Author and Author Sort to both be FN LN. (I can hear your teeth grating! Sorry!) I had somehow managed to get that done on the other computer, but can't find the preference/tweak/plug-in that I used so that the Author and Author Sort are both FN LN on this computer. Thanks for your help!
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You really want "Alan Smith" to sort before "Jane Edwards"? That would drive me nuts!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
Hattie
Enthusiast
Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Yes, sorry! *ducking* I knew better than to post this question the first time and somehow figured out a way to do it on my own when I originally set up the library.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie View Post
Yes, sorry! *ducking* I knew better than to post this question the first time and somehow figured out a way to do it on my own when I originally set up the library.
Preferences: Tweaks: Author sort name algorithm

ID: author_sort_copy_method

The algorithm used to copy author to author_sort
Possible values are:
invert: use "fn ln" -> "ln, fn"
copy : copy author to author_sort without modification
comma : use 'copy' if there is a ',' in the name, otherwise use 'invert'
nocomma : "fn ln" -> "ln fn" (without the comma)'
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
Hattie
Enthusiast

Thank you, Gunner! That did it!
Advert