Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
jamescal
jamescal began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
getting e-pub books on my iPad Kindle app

perhaps you could help me. I have e-pub books in Italian which I bought at IBS.it in e-pub format, and I'd like to read them on the i-pad kindle app, since that's the only one which allows the user to select the language of the dictionary (that I know of). I converted it into mobi format using calibre, went to file sharing in iTunes, opened the mobi file of the book and moved it to the kindle file sharing space, hit synch and nothing. It's not on the i-pad kindle app. This is a dram book, is that the problem? I tried it with a Gutenburg book too, same thing. I'm probably just skipping an essential step. Any ideas?
jamescal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
If it has DRM on it then it probably isn't converting and you have an empty file. If it is converting then it probably doesn't have DRM. Are you sure that it's in the right place to be read? I know when I side load onto my Kindle3 that I have to open the main Kindle space and move the book into the Documents folder in order for the Kindle to recognize it as being there.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If the book successfully converted to Mobi format with Calibre, then DRM is not the issue. Can you read the Mobi book in the Kindle for PC app?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub conversion, ipad kindle, mobi conversion