Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Amazon's customers who bought this also bought ...

Is this influenced in any way by downloading samples, or is it just if you actually buy the full book(s)? Only mine now has a link to a book that I bought and reviewed recently. I haven't bought my own book, I'm too tight for that, but I did download the sample to see where it ended.

And is it possible to change how long the sample is?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
KC Hughes
Author, Man in the Mirror
KC Hughes has never been to obedience school.KC Hughes has never been to obedience school.KC Hughes has never been to obedience school.KC Hughes has never been to obedience school.KC Hughes has never been to obedience school.KC Hughes has never been to obedience school.KC Hughes has never been to obedience school.KC Hughes has never been to obedience school.KC Hughes has never been to obedience school.KC Hughes has never been to obedience school.KC Hughes has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle
I don't think samples are included in it since they are not making $$ off them. But I did notice that my sales have increased when the items on this list increased.

~KC
KC Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I have a lot of those for "Heroes & Villains." There's also a bunch of "also tags" that have nothing to do with my novel. It's just one of those things... I try not to question it as long as people are still buying my book ^_^
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:10 AM   #4
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I do not think you can change the sample length at all, but I would suggest that in the beginning you do buy your own book because it help get it on those "those ppl who bought this book also bought" lists. Of course after you have sold a few hundred copies your one copy is not statistically meaningful, its just a little bit of marketing dollars to help things get started.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
Strayer
Strayer began at the beginning.

Device: none
I read that the sample is a certain size. The sample on my book is the dedication and the thx page. It's because I have pictures and they use the first two text pages.
I like the other also boughts at Amazon. They are serious books and mine is a lightweight kid book. Maybe it gives me gravitas, then again, maybe not.
Strayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
EileenG
Zealot
EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EileenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: My phone
I think it's based on sales, but if your book is bought by someone who bought books by someone famous, it definitely helps. Since Angela Knight's books appeared on my "Customers who bought..." list, my sales have increased.
EileenG is offline   Reply With Quote