Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
jorgebell
jorgebell began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
No Power in my Entourage pocket Edge

Hello, everyone this is my first post. Help! I need a battery for my entourage Pocket Edge. Where do I go. I got 4 more weeks left on the warranty.
jorgebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebell View Post
Hello, everyone this is my first post. Help! I need a battery for my entourage Pocket Edge. Where do I go. I got 4 more weeks left on the warranty.
Are you positive it's the battery? Are you getting charging indications when the eDGe is plugged in with the power adapter (blinking power light, charging indication on the eDGe lock screen if running Ermine or the icon on the eDGe's home screen)?

You say you have 4 weeks left on your warranty? If this warranty is with Entourage you are out of luck, they are out of business. Your best bet would be to look on eBay or through this forum for someone who has a broken eDGe and may be interested in selling it.

Last edited by obsessed2; 10-03-2011 at 08:24 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebell View Post
Unless something drastic has happened to your battery - you'd know about that - it is unlikely that your battery has just died.

Does your PE work when plugged into the mains?

If not have you checked the output of the mains power/charger unit? Use a test meter - you should get 12v with the negative being the barrel of the plug and the positive being the centre hole (use a straightened paper clip to make contact).

If the mains unit is faulty then buy another one - search this forum for information.

If the mains unit is OK and the PE doesn't work when plugged in you have a bigger problem than a faulty battery.

One other thing - you are using the power socket to charge the unit and not the headphone socket - just asking.

Last edited by ivanjt; 10-03-2011 at 08:13 AM.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote