Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #61
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I created a folder sdcard/Book Covers. I placed the three .jpg covers into that folder. Then for each book I selected "Edit Book Information" and "Select Cover". For the file path I entered sdcard/Book Covers, and selected the appropriate cover. I could go into calibre and see what went wrong, fix it, and resend, but it's only a handful of covers .
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #62
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
I tried doing that and gave up. Too many books to assign covers to manually. I even bypassed Calibre altogether and saved the books to the SD card directly from PC storage. I just can't find the common denominator that prevents all but three books to not display their covers. They all show properly in Aldiko, however, so I trust that it's a Moon+ quirk.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #63
bjkel
Connoisseur
bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Color, Kobo, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
After playing round with different readers (fbreader, aldiko, coolreader, etc..), I'm going to settle back with Moon reader for the time being. For me it has the nicest reading experience.

I'm no longer with stock, I've switched over to CM7 nightly builds now, I got really annoyed with Barnes and Noble resetting me multiple times,....I know why it happened (now) but it's a pain to do all that registering again and again and again. And even though it's an early build CM7 is pretty good!

This thread has been really helpful, thanks.

Last edited by bjkel; 02-22-2011 at 09:22 AM.
bjkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #64
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkel View Post
After playing round with different readers (fbreader, aldiko, coolreader, etc..), I'm going to settle back with Moon reader for the time being. For me it has the nicest reading experience.

I'm no longer with stock, I've switched over to CM7 nightly builds now, I got really annoyed with Barnes and Noble resetting me multiple times,....I know why it happened (now) but it's a pain to do all that registering again and again and again. And even though it's an early build CM7 is pretty good!

This thread has been really helpful, thanks.
Do you find that the battery drains quickly with CM7? I seemed to notice a big difference between it and Rooted 1.1. I switch over to one of the Froyo builds and the battery drain seems like it is back to normal now. I also tried out the Honeycomb build and really liked it but some apps I use refused to run without crashing every time. Hopefully once the source code is out it will get better and better.

As for readers I have been flip flopping back and forth between Moon+ and Aldiko and I think I prefer Aldiko at the present time. I read a whole book in Moon+ and it had some weird formatting issues(I think it may be the Bold/Italics thing that has been mentioned before.) The only thing I kind of miss in the Aldiko is the status bar you can have in Moon+, I like having the clock and percentage completed displayed, moreso the clock. Any way to accomplish something similar in Aldiko?

Kevin

Last edited by ould; 02-23-2011 at 04:25 PM.
ould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #65
bjkel
Connoisseur
bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Color, Kobo, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ould View Post
Do you find that the battery drains quickly with CM7? I seemed to notice a big difference between it and Rooted 1.1. I switch over to one of the Froyo builds and the battery drain seems like it is back to normal now. I also tried out the Honeycomb build and really liked it but some apps I use refused to run without crashing every time. Hopefully once the source code is out it will get better and better.

As for readers I have been flip flopping back and forth between Moon+ and Aldiko and I think I prefer Aldiko at the present time. I read a whole book in Moon+ and it had some weird formatting issues(I think it may be the Bold/Italics thing that has been mentioned before.) The only thing I kind of miss in the Aldiko is the status bar you can have in Moon+, I like having the clock and percentage completed displayed, moreso the clock. Any way to accomplish something similar in Aldiko?

Kevin
To tell the truth I haven't noticed the battery drain being excessive, but I haven't been paying attention to that as I've been intent on finding a good ereader program.

I haven't noticed any formatting problems in Moon Reader, I'm using 2.15 and I think it fixed those Bold/Italics problems in that one. Yeah, I like having the clock, that's what I missed when I was using Jetbook lite, didn't really think about it till then. Can't see a way of getting out of Aldiko full screen, maybe someone else knows.

I'm not crazy on Moon Readers bar however, it gives page number for within a chapter (I don't like how it loads a chapter at a time), and I don't like how the table of contents loads up over the book cover when you open an ebook from the beginning. It does at least give a percentage of the whole book on the bar.
bjkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #66
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

I finally settled on Cool Reader. It's true that every reader has its highlights and its own share of annoyances, and if those are a fit with the user's needs there's a winner. No glove fits all, of course, but after the initial setup and the obligatory tweaks I have finished two books on Cool Reader and not once did I pause to look through the settings for a better setup. I've got some more serious reading to do now, thanks for everyone's opinions and advice in this thread, it has been invaluable.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #67
kblair210
Enthusiast
kblair210 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Like Scion and someone else mentioned, I installed and uninstalled Moon+ a couple of times.. I want to like it, I do.. but it seems to have some serious quirks about being able to bring up the menu sometimes, and other times it won't come up, then if you keep mashing the screen it might come up eventually. It's not worth the frustration to me. I also don't like how it handles page numbers. If I want to update my Goodreads status, it's completely inaccurate with Moon reader. I'm not afraid of adjustments, tweaks and configurations by any means but I couldn't seem to make the menu come up reliably and that just p'd me off.
kblair210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #68
bryanzs
Zealot
bryanzs doesn't litterbryanzs doesn't litter

Device: Nook HD+, Nook ST Glow, PocketBook 360, Nook Color
I'm splitting my time between Moon+ and CoolReader. For a long time, I couldn't get Moon+ to work for me either. The key is to disable "full screen" mode when you're lucky enough to get the menu to come up. And then of course you have to _know_ which submenu "full screen" is on - I was only able to get one shot at the menu (before I disabled full screen) without having to exit and shut down moon+, so it took me a while. If you get the menu up, and can see the 'settings' option, it's the first option on the "Miscellaneous" submenu.

Hope that helps,
- Bryan
bryanzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #69
emt
Nameless Being

Moon+ Reader?

Apparently there is a version of Moon+ Reader for the Nook Color - it is Version 1.214. Does any one know where it might be hiding? Can you post the apk or PM me.

TIA

emt
Old 03-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #70
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
Apparently there is a version of Moon+ Reader for the Nook Color - it is Version 1.214. Does any one know where it might be hiding? Can you post the apk or PM me.

TIA

emt
1.2.16 in Market works fine and incorporates what's in 1.2.14.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #71
Apoc
Connoisseur

Retraction

Last edited by Apoc; 03-03-2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Retraction
Old 03-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #72
Apoc
Connoisseur

Does anyone have experience with Calibre Library? Is there an advantage to using it?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #73
luvydovie40
luvydovie40 doesn't litterluvydovie40 doesn't litterluvydovie40 doesn't litter

Device: NookColor & Sony 505 & Kindle Paperwhite
When using Moon+ Reader Pro --- if I click on the Import button from the 'My Shelf' tab - The Import pop up comes up. On this screen, it has various 'selections' with two already checked. Unfortunately, I'm unable to see what these 'selections' represent. Does anyone know what these selections do?

(Specifically, there are 5 selection boxes with 2 already 'checked')

Thanks for your time!!
luvydovie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #74
emt
Nameless Being

Two Pages in Landscape

Does anyone knnow which of the above apps shows two pages in landscape - IBooks for the Ipad does this and it's a great way to keep the flow going - just like a real dead tree book.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:31 AM   #75
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
Does anyone knnow which of the above apps shows two pages in landscape - IBooks for the Ipad does this and it's a great way to keep the flow going - just like a real dead tree book.

CoolReader does.