Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #1
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
Iliad boot and loading acts weird slower

In the last few days I have noticed my Iliad is acting up. When I boot the screen goes completely black, then the icons are loaded one row at a time, the last icon that is loaded is the battery icon that appears empty until the last loading.

Also when I open any document (big or small) the screen goes black an the icons below load much slower.

The only thing I have done is to install fbreader on the main memory, could that be causing this?

Should I reflash it? what do you guys suggest?
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Ok I compared my boot time with a few other videos and what I noticed is a different screen refresh pattern. It seems that my iliad has a lot more ghosting and refreshes a lot more often.
I have two refresh_config files that are mentioned in the wiki and tried to change the time to 950 but it doesn't help. One is in the programs folder the other one in xshell.

Any ideas? Can I reformat the iliad using an SD card?
Advert
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
You must reflash with a CF card.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:02 AM   #4
xxtraloud
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
You must reflash with a CF card.
hey thanks! I lost all hopes to get some help

Are all CF compatible, or only certain sizes?

So a reflash is like a windows restore, isn't it? Is there a way to restore the default refresh settings without reflashing?

Last edited by xxtraloud; 08-25-2012 at 05:09 AM.