Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
wiseke
wiseke began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
thumbnail

When I take my epub and put it through calibre it all works fine with the exception of the thumbnail is always the wrong picture. I want the thumbnail to be what the first page is (which is a graphic) but instead the thumbnail is one of the images that comes much later in the book... any ideas on how to fix this or have I missed a setting?
thanks.
wiseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
december
Nameless Being

I've run into this problem too, though I don't have an appropriate file on me to test out. Two options come to mind, though - I bet you can probably fix it by checking the tickybox for "Use cover from source file" on the main conversion page.

If that doesn't work, I guess the slightly more complicated method could be to remove the cover image from your .epub file, upload the .epub into Calibre, then add the cover image separately. If you then convert to another file format (say, .epub to .mobi), that cover image will be added into the new file; maybe you can then convert back to .epub? I'm not sure how much formatting might be lost in the backwards-conversion, but if you're desperate that should work well enough.
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre uses a setting in the metadata of the epub to detect the cover image. Some epubs have this set wrong, which leads to an incorrect image being detected. In this case, do as december said and add the cover separately.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
wiseke
wiseke began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
ok - i'll try that. thank you both.
wiseke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thumbnail image