Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
Student1
Groupie
Student1 doesn't litterStudent1 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Meta information and how does it work?

I was just wonderin how the meta files work in calibre. I am using a prs 505, i have edited most of the my db's meta information firned ie author, title etc (without converting the files to other formats), but when i upload to my device the information is not showing, some books are listing the author as microsft etc etc Others have the author set as admin, so clearly the meta information did not take. Do i have to convert the books to lrf or epub for the information to show on the device? (formats used are pdf, txt, html rtf)

thanks
Student1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
some firmware version of the reader have a bug that cause it to overwite specified metadata from the metadata in the file. calibre only sets metadata for lrf and epub files (and sometime rtf but not very reliably).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
Student1
Groupie
Student1 doesn't litterStudent1 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
k thanks, guess i ll have to convert then! Thanks for the info!
Student1 is offline   Reply With Quote