Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #76
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
I started off with a Nook classic then moved onto a Sony PRS-350. Now I'm using my Nexus 7.2. The Nook was given away a while ago. I still have the 350 but haven't used it recently.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #77
Patricia1066
Zealot
Patricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle PW 10th gen, Kindle Fire 7 9th gen, Kindle KB 3rd gen
Palm E2
Mio
Apple Touch 1G
Sony PR300
Kindle 3 (current)
Blackberry Playbook (current)

I loved the Palm E2 great reader software, crisp screen, but it died of overuse, and I enjoyed the versatility of the Mio. That's still working well, though the battery has been changed many times.

The Apple Touch is now relegated to music server duties.

The Sony reader was my first eink device, and is very robust, but heavy relative to Kindle; kindle screen is a bit sharper too.

I loved the Kindle 3 immediately, and still prefer it for daytime reading, and when on holiday. It is so reliable and light I cannot imagine replacing it until it cops it.

The blackberry playbook has a good epub reader app, and the 64GB version can hold many books and movies, so it acts as a backup.
Patricia1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #78
scoopaz
Nosy Parker
scoopaz began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pro, Nook Classic, Touch, Color, PRS-650, Asus Transformer
Well, I'm a bit of a gadget freak so here it goes..

Aztak Pocket Pro (the 1st and still handy)
Nook Classic
Pandigital Novel (given away)
Nook Color
Acer Iconia 500 (use as a multimedia tablet now)
Sony PRS-300 - which was traded in to Sony for an upgrade to:
Sony PRS-650 - first e-ink touchscreen, still used frequently
Asus Transformer - currently used tablet
Nook Simple Touch - main go to e-ink reader
Nook HD - in heavy rotation
Nook HD+ the new toy
scoopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #79
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Astak Pocket Pro (in drawer, nice to use sometimes)
Kobo Wifi (returned due to sync issue and no Kobo support).
Kindle Keyboard (have two, one for wife).
Kindle 4 (was cheap and cycle between this and the KKB when recharging etc)
Kobo Mini (havent used much, but for reading configurability it seems great)

And at night I use my Acer Iconia A500 tablet.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #80
crochetgeek2010
Enthusiast
crochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Some of you make me look great.
Palm tx (yes I have long since converted to android)
Cybook Opus
Cybook Odyssey (hunting for it's replacement as it's getting real annoying)
crochetgeek2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #81
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
I've stayed mostly in the Amazon camp.

Kindle 1 -- my original; given to my son & when he returned it, given to my nephew
Kindle 1 -- bought for my daughter
Kindle 3 -- my favorite; left on an airplane in August, and now buying a replacement
Kindle 2 -- bought second-hand from a friend & given to my sister

Sony PRS-505 -- still have it to read the LRF formatted books

BeBook Mini -- fair for reading books without DRM, though it tends to need a restart if I put it to sleep with a Mobipocket book open.

iPad 2, iPhone5, Blackberry, Blackberry Torch -- all devices with the Kindle app on them
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #82
greenasterisk
Enthusiast
greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenasterisk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I only have one ereader at the moment, a Kindle Paperwhite but I have had many in the past: A Pandgital Novel, two Aluratek Libra Pros, a Kindle three and finally the latest one. So far the Kindle three has survived the longest of all of them. How about you?
2 so far. Android Kindle and the Kobo Aura HD!
greenasterisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #83
Jdschi
Connoisseur
Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.

Device: Nexus 7.2, PW2
Let's see:
My first ebook reader was a Kindle 4 Touch. After its death I temporarily used my Nexus 4, then borrowed an old Kindle Keyboard, and am now using my Nexus 7. I also pre-ordered a Kindle PW2, so that makes 2.5 readers if you don't count the Nexi. That doesn't sound much but since I'm in the game only since last year... hum.
Jdschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #84
Avalona
Enthusiast
Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Fire 8 (2020)
Kindle Keyboard - still in use!
Kobo Touch - still in use!
iPod Touch - half of the time I don't even have this thing charged
Sony Reader PRS-T1 - still in use, lives in my purse most of the time

And I'm thinking of getting a Kindle Paperwhite II, since my Keyboard is getting older and I don't know when it'll give out. (Also because I've wanted a lighted ereader for forever.)
Avalona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #85
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Cybook Gen 3, opus, orizon, Odyssey, Odyssey HD and a PRS-T1.

Thinking of getting a kobo aura, as a replacement of my prs-T1 as bedside reader.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #86
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Two years and two Kobos... the first one (Kobo Wifi) simply got passed along when I upgraded to a Kobo Glo, which has recently died.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #87
DStyle
Connoisseur
DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.

Device: KOBO Aura HD
Kobo Aura HD and loving it.
DStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #88
brashley46
brashley46 doesn't litterbrashley46 doesn't litter

Device: Samsun Galaxy Tab E
Franklin eBookman. ereader
Palm Z22. PDA
Rocket (Gem) 1100. ereader
Zaurus SL-5500. Personal digital assistant
Zaurus C860. Personal digital assistant