Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
samalex
samalex began at the beginning.

Device: none
Support for Nexus 7 ?

Hi,

I didn't see this anywhere, so maybe I missed it. Or maybe it's lumped in with the other MTP devices that don't support UMS like the Nexus 7. But any word on Calibre being able to communicate with the Nexus 7 as a Device? And if not how can I manually import books from Calibre into Aldiko where the meta data and covers stick? I've been able to copy the files over to the device then import them into Aldiko on the Nexus 7, but this doesn't carry over any meta data.

Thanks for the suggestions --
Sam
samalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
I have the same interest. And FYI, to anyone who is interested the Nexus 7 is a tremendously well defined product.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2012, 02:08 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185620
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
ajmichael
ajmichael began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nexus 7
I've managed to get this to work using the "Connect to Folder" option with Calibre under Fedora 16, mounting the Nexus with fuse. A bit messy but it's OK. Just need to work out how to tell Calibre to convert and copy at the same time ....

Andy
ajmichael is offline   Reply With Quote