Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Miladysa
Enthusiast
Miladysa doesn't litterMiladysa doesn't litter

Device: none
Read an Ebook Week 7-13 March

Refuge of Delayed Souls Ebooks Volume One and Two

are FREE during Read an Ebook Week - use coupon code RFREE to purchase.

There are also LOTS of other ebooks at http://smashwords.com that are either Free or offered at a reduced rate during this promotion
Miladysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
Simon Wood
Addict
Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't forget to use the coupon codes over at Smashwords. Books are either designated with a RAE25, RAE50 OR RFREE code.
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2010, 04:23 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good luck Miladysa. REBW has really taken off this year -- not surprisingly. My own wee house saw more than 200 downloads in the first 24 hours. That's more than we've seen over the course of the entire week in the past. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
Miladysa
Enthusiast
Miladysa doesn't litterMiladysa doesn't litter

Thank you for those wishes Neil - much appreciated

200? Wow - that's some going! I'll check out your links now.

Good luck for the rest of the week!

Simon & David - I will check out your links too
Miladysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #5
despgreene
despgreene began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Free eBooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miladysa View Post
Refuge of Delayed Souls Ebooks Volume One and Two

are FREE during Read an Ebook Week - use coupon code RFREE to purchase.

There are also LOTS of other ebooks at http://smashwords.com that are either Free or offered at a reduced rate during this promotion
Offer ends tomorrow so go to

www.smashwords.com/profile/view/desgreene

for three best-selling literary novels (all in top fifteen in literature category)
despgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
Simon Wood
Addict
Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simon Wood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miladysa View Post
Simon & David - I will check out your links too
Thanks a bunch....
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last chance now for folks to snap up freebies and special deals on offer for Read an Ebook Week, which ends at midnight tonight US Pacific time. All points east get a break because of time zone differences -- ends in the UK at 8.00am on Sunday, Central Europe gets until 9.00am Sunday and Australians have until Sunday evening. Check out the link in my sig line below and pay what you want (or nothing at all) for up to twenty-five exclusive new novels in all formats. Cheers. Neil
Old 03-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Step right up and get yer free e-books here... last day available! Don't miss out!

And tomorrow...

Come back to the SJB, for one final treat!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It looks like "Read an Ebook Week" is officially over.

I hope everyone is enjoying the free ebooks that some of the publishers and authors offered during this special time.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-14-2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: added "like"
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #10
neilmarr
neilmarr

Yup. That was the week that was, Don. Hope everyone else is as pleased with how it went as I am. Lots of people volunteered to pay for their downloads from BeWrite Books (one or two even more than regular price), so there's coming up a couple of hundred bucks to go the the Red Cross in Haiti. Thanks, folks. Cheers. Neil
Old 03-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm hoping that next year that the website can be improved to include a much improved section for all the free books given away for the week. I found that section of the site rather poor. I got more information on the free eBooks from MR then I did from the site.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
At least one site I visited didn't seem to have anything at all free and no mention of the promotion. Another had free books, but to find them you had to subscribe to their twitter feed (no links on the site), so I missed the first day's books (and on the last day, they only had one of the two they claimed were free - the other was $5). Some sites just pooled together their normally free books, but the RAEW listing said they would have a new book each day. Dorrance ended a day early (not a problem, but they could have said so on the site) and several places had problems putting up their links on the first and last days (weekend days, so no staff working, I presume).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #13
kana
kana began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Did anyone else get an empty junk file instead of the Pauline Rowson freebie 'in for the kill"?

I am still hoping that maybe I just downloaded to the wrong folder, and that junk file was something else. But searches on the drive aren't showing it, still it might have a weird filename right? (I can hope)

If you did get it could you please confirm that it is the ebook, and give me the full filename, so I can run a better search.

Thanks.
kana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:12 PM   #14
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
I got a good file (PDF). It does contain cropmark and similar garbage but that can easily be removed. It's likely the file that they sent to the printer.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #15
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kana View Post
Did anyone else get an empty junk file instead of the Pauline Rowson freebie 'in for the kill"?

I am still hoping that maybe I just downloaded to the wrong folder, and that junk file was something else. But searches on the drive aren't showing it, still it might have a weird filename right? (I can hope)

If you did get it could you please confirm that it is the ebook, and give me the full filename, so I can run a better search.

Thanks.
I did get the book - 320 pages, PDF - printer's proof, unfortunately, so it'll be a pain to convert/read as a PDF, I suspect.

No idea what the filename was supposed to be, as I name each download with author and book title, so I can find them later on.

I'd try emailing her, see if she'll send you a copy that way.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote