Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
Alenanno
Alenanno began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Creating an eBook collection with multiple levels

Hello all,

I have a Kindle Touch and I'd like to create a collection of very short documents in my Kindle, but with multiple levels.

Basically it's structured like a "Year": Year is the main collection (what you see when you browse your kindle), then you have 12 Months (collections) inside of it, and inside of each month, a varying number of stories (as if they were the Days).

An exemplified scheme would be what you see below. Is it doable or do I want too much? Thank you in advance.

Alenanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can't do it. Collections are single-level only. They aren't folders, but "tags".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
Alenanno

Hello Harry, thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just set them as chapters.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:49 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Using the Collections Manager kindlet (requires jailbreak) you can manipulate some of the hidden areas in the Kindle code... the long and short of it is that hierarchical collections are possible.

I do it, and it is very nice. I think it is the only device which allows nesting collections, even though it is kind of a glitch.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:27 AM   #5
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Yes.. Collection manager allows hierarchical collections to be created..

Only problem is that you can enter a nested collection.. but backing out is buggy.. you have to head home directly..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
Yes.. Collection manager allows hierarchical collections to be created..

Only problem is that you can enter a nested collection.. but backing out is buggy.. you have to head home directly..
Backing out works fine on my Kindle Touch.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #7
Alenanno

Thank you for letting me know about it. However I don't feel like jailbreaking my device just for that. I can simply use a very long index and a very long ebook. :P Thank you again though.