Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 03:02 AM   #1
bobsi18
Enthusiast
bobsi18 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone & Sony Pocket (& support for a Kobo Wifi)
Using Calibre with Sony Touch & Collections

Hi all,
Am trying to get myself organised with my new Sony Touch, using Calibre.

Currently when I import books from Calibre into my ereader, it uses the tags and the series information to organise collections. I've created a new column in Calibre with the name "Read Status" and the lookup name as "read_status".

In that column, I either have Unread or blank (indicating the book has been read). I would like Calibre to also use this column to create another collection, so that I have an "Unread" collection. I've found under plugins >device interface plugins>Sony Device Interface the option to list what metadata fields to include to turn into collections, however adding read_status to this doesn't seem to work.

Is what I'm thinking possible? I don't want to use tags to achieve this, as I would like to reserve the tags field for genres.
bobsi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:20 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Did you add the # before read_status?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Custom columns need to be prefaced by a hash sign wherever you use them, so you'd need to put "#read_status" into the device interface.

Edit: Oh, well, too slow.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:21 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Add #read_status.

You must use the 'key' used when sorting and searching. This key is shown if you hover your mouse over the column heading of the custom column.

Edit: apparently 3 of us get up at around the same time.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:20 AM   #5
bobsi18
Enthusiast
bobsi18 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone & Sony Pocket (& support for a Kobo Wifi)
You guys rock! Will give this a shot in the morning (it's 10pm here after a long day!)

Thanks, am loving this forum
bobsi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert