Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kindle 3 3G (Broken), Kindle Touch (Broken), Kindle PW2
Exclamation Screenshots

I had a kindle 5 a while back and I think I had something that would take my screenshots and put them in the images directory so I could view them through the default image viewer . Or did I? I don't quite remember.
Is there something for the PW2 that can do this?
Jyohomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:34 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Jyohomson: screenshots of what?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I assume, the screenshots that are taken by the Kindle? So it would be screenshots of the Kindle.

Is this by any chance the default image viewer that doesn't exist, or the one that has to be carefully enabled using Collections Manager kindlet? If the latter, I imagine a simple script to
Code:
mv /mnt/us/*.png /mnt/us/images/
should do the trick. Put it in cron if you want (might be overkill), or launch via KUAL.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Jyohomson: screenshots of what?
The kindle screen.
The ones you get when you press and hold the top and bottom diagonals of the kindle screen.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
Jyohomson
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I assume, the screenshots that are taken by the Kindle? So it would be screenshots of the Kindle.

Is this by any chance the default image viewer that doesn't exist, or the one that has to be carefully enabled using Collections Manager kindlet? If the latter, I imagine a simple script to
Code:
mv /mnt/us/*.png /mnt/us/images/
should do the trick. Put it in cron if you want (might be overkill), or launch via KUAL.
I do not have any experience in making KUAL extensions.
But I do think this would be handy.
Any volunteers?
Old 07-30-2014, 12:07 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just a little something I whipped up.

HOWTO: KUAL_What's_New#Extension_Files
Attached Files
File Type: zip screenshot-migrate.zip (1.2 KB, 288 views)
Old 07-31-2014, 12:18 AM   #7
Jyohomson
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Just a little something I whipped up.

HOWTO: KUAL_What's_New#Extension_Files

Works flawlessly.

Last edited by Jyohomson; 07-31-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:06 AM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyohomson View Post

Works flawlessly.
You're welcome.

Glad to hear it worked -- this is my first KUAL app.

Tags
kindle 5, kual, pw2, screenshot