Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Extended Kindle Trial Period for the Holidays

From the Amazon Forums

Amazon is extending their return policy for the holidays for items shipped between November 1 and December 31, 2008. If you want to purchase a Kindle or any other item as gift, this is a great deal.

That said, for those using the SquareTrade Insurance, you'd still have to insure within the first the 30 days. I don't know if there will be a refund from ST if the item is returned.

Quote:
Holiday Returns Policy

Our standard policy is to accept most returns within 30 days from the date of delivery. However, we understand that many customers like to order holiday gifts early, so we have extended our returns period for the holidays.

Items sold by Amazon.com and shipped between November 1 and December 31, 2008, may be returned until January 31, 2009 for a full refund, subject to our other returns restrictions listed below.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
From the Amazon Forums

Amazon is extending their return policy for the holidays for items shipped between November 1 and December 31, 2008. If you want to purchase a Kindle or any other item as gift, this is a great deal.

That said, for those using the SquareTrade Insurance, you'd still have to insure within the first the 30 days. I don't know if there will be a refund from ST if the item is returned.
Wow... so can I use the Orpah coupon on the first? Was going to get my mom a Kindle for the holiday but was concerned that it would not be returnable if she couldn't figure it out. (Yea, I know... she couldn't figure out a digital picture frame we go her.)

This would be great news if I could buy this on Nov 1 and be able to return it until Jan 31st.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Wow... so can I use the Orpah coupon on the first? Was going to get my mom a Kindle for the holiday but was concerned that it would not be returnable if she couldn't figure it out. (Yea, I know... she couldn't figure out a digital picture frame we go her.)

This would be great news if I could buy this on Nov 1 and be able to return it until Jan 31st.

BOb
It looks like you can use the discount today as well. As long as it ships after Nov. 1st.

I guess this is really a 3 month trail.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It looks like you can use the discount today as well. As long as it ships after Nov. 1st.

The Oprah says valid "till" Nov 1st. That must include the 1st, right?

BOb
Old 10-31-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:

That *IS* fascinating! Too bad I'm not a Kindle fan - but I'm seriously tempted.
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2008, 01:59 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
That *IS* fascinating! Too bad I'm not a Kindle fan - but I'm seriously tempted.
Don't try it. Because you will love it and be a Kindle fan. We can't have that, can we?

BOb
Old 10-31-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Did you ever get your Gen3 repaired?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:01 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
The Oprah says valid "till" Nov 1st. That must include the 1st, right?

BOb
It makes sense to me that it would work up until midnight of Nov. 1 in your local timezone but didn't some book freebie recently disappear as sooner than expected but still on the day it was supposed to?
Old 10-31-2008, 02:04 PM   #9
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

"Till" to me means that as soon as the date changes the promotion is over. Otherwise, I think they would have written "through." My guess, of course.
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:08 PM   #10
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
I might be tempted, except there's no Sprint EVDO service out where I live (there is EVDO, but it's only Altel and Verizon). Yeah I know you can hook it up to the PC, but then that diminishes its distinction from other devices.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv View Post
"Till" to me means that as soon as the date changes the promotion is over. Otherwise, I think they would have written "through." My guess, of course.
I just sent an email to Kindle support to ask.

BOb
Old 10-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv View Post
Okay, that makes more sense. Everyone placing a Kindle order with the Oprah discount should do so today.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:10 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
I might be tempted, except there's no Sprint EVDO service out where I live (there is EVDO, but it's only Altel and Verizon). Yeah I know you can hook it up to the PC, but then that diminishes its distinction from other devices.
There is also the low book prices. And as some are doing (though I think it's an expensive way to go), you can "transition" some of those books to other readers.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:11 PM   #14
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Don't try it. Because you will love it and be a Kindle fan. We can't have that, can we?

BOb
I know. Right now I'm seriously leaning towards picking up a BeBook - that way I'll be able to put OpenInkpot onto it.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:12 PM   #15
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did you ever get your Gen3 repaired?
Yes! As a matter of fact, they decided it was a WARRANTY REPAIR! Yoo-Hoo!

Even so, I'm still fighting to get my EB-100 repaired and I'm seriously considering adding a Jinke V3 - either the BeBook or the EZ-Reader variant - to my stable.