Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Baen August 2014 Bundle - 10 books/$18

Just a reminder that if you want to buy Baen's August 2014 Bundle, ten SF/Fantasy books for $18, you only have SEVEN DAYS left to buy it. The bundle will come off sale sometime on the 15th July 2014, and the full bundle can be downloaded by those who've bought it sometime from the 16th July 2014 onwards.
The total cost of the individual books is about $85. So if you don't already have any of the books in the bundle, that's a discount of over 75%!

I should also mention that most Baen books are now also available through Kobo and are couponable.

The books in the August 2014 bundle are:
Islands of Rage and Hope by John Ringo
Trial by Fire by Charles E. Gannon
Slow Train to Arcturus by Eric Flint and Dave Freer
Throne of Stars by David Weber and John Ringo
Treecat Wars by David Weber and Jane Lindskold
The Death of Sleep by Anne McCaffrey and Jody Lynn Nye
Eight Million Gods by Wen Spencer
Wolf in Shadow by John Lambshead
Tales from Gavagan's Bar by L. Sprague deCamp
The Tritonian Ring by L. Sprague deCamp
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I am very tempted by this one. Someone stop me!
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #3
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Shan't! Work out the price per hour if you read all of them.
Cheap as chips, now that you have the code....
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Indeed. And this way they don't clutter up my Kobo account or take forever to load with the desktop app. It's all good.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If I didn't already have three of them I'd be getting it. As it is, I'll probably get the two I want from Kobo, if a competition comes along with good discounts before the 15th!
Advert
Old 07-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #6
PurpleStar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
If I didn't already have three of them I'd be getting it. As it is, I'll probably get the two I want from Kobo, if a competition comes along with good discounts before the 15th!
I have one of them from a previous bundle. (Treecat Wars) But I think it's still worth it to buy. Already having 3 is a bit much for sure.

Last edited by PurpleStar; 07-08-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:08 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I have one of them from a previous bundle. (Treecat Wars) But I think it's still worth it to buy. Already having 3 is a bit much for sure.
My memory was faulty - I actually already have FIVE of them, as Throne of Stars is an omnibus and I have the individual books.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #8
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I apparently already have two of them, but three others look interesting, so I'm going to go ahead and go for it.

Thanks! I would never remember to go and look on my own without this thread.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #9
PurpleStar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My memory was faulty - I actually already have FIVE of them, as Throne of Stars is an omnibus and I have the individual books.
Then, that makes 3 for me. I have those as well from the Baen CD's. Still a good deal, though, with the coupon code.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:18 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Last day for this offer.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:08 AM   #11
LJJohnson
Groupie
LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: -- Home is where the RV stops (Texas ~6 months/year)
Device: Kindle Fire HDX, Fire HD, Paperwhite,Android & Windpws phones
Well, it looks like Baen has been busy modifying the way this works. i had be getting a bundle each month, sending the coupon to my wife, than having her forward to me so I could get the following one. When I tried using that coupon, got the error message that the coupon was invalid or had already been used. got a note back from support that use the coupon, my wife would --
"I’m sorry for any inconvenience. In order for your friend to obtain the free ebook, she first needs to create an account, log in, and then add the ebook of her choosing to the shopping cart. Then, go to your shopping cart and enter the coupon code into the box labeled “Enter any special offer/coupon code here”. Next, hit Apply Coupon. You should see then see the discount of $9.99. To purchase it, click Checkout Now and follow the steps. Please let us know if you have any further questions." Apparently, it needs to be a different account from the one that sent the coupon.
LJJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:03 PM   #12
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJohnson View Post
Well, it looks like Baen has been busy modifying the way this works. i had be getting a bundle each month, sending the coupon to my wife, than having her forward to me so I could get the following one. When I tried using that coupon, got the error message that the coupon was invalid or had already been used. got a note back from support that use the coupon, my wife would --
"I’m sorry for any inconvenience. In order for your friend to obtain the free ebook, she first needs to create an account, log in, and then add the ebook of her choosing to the shopping cart. Then, go to your shopping cart and enter the coupon code into the box labeled “Enter any special offer/coupon code here”. Next, hit Apply Coupon. You should see then see the discount of $9.99. To purchase it, click Checkout Now and follow the steps. Please let us know if you have any further questions." Apparently, it needs to be a different account from the one that sent the coupon.
That is the way it has always worked. You have to used a email address that has never had an account with baenebooks.

see rules

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:12 PM   #13
LJJohnson
Groupie
LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: -- Home is where the RV stops (Texas ~6 months/year)
Device: Kindle Fire HDX, Fire HD, Paperwhite,Android & Windpws phones
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
That is the way it has always worked. You have to used a email address that has never had an account with baenebooks.

see rules

bernie
SORRY, THAT is incorrect. I have been doing it this way for 6 months and have all the receipts to prove it. It is a chang
LJJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:44 PM   #14
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post

see rules

bernie
They seem to be saying that the code is now no longer usable on the account that sent the code. If you send it to bob@example.com and your account's address is alice@example.com, you can't use the code sent to Bob. Bob would have to create an account and use it himself. And possibly if Bob gave it to his friend Cindy, she could use it, but Alice can't.

That would be a change. Previously you could use the code on the same account that sent it.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:17 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Baen Bundles are NOW only available BEFORE the release date of the new books within. Once that hits, you can no longer PURCHASE (you can download purchases at any time) that bundle

This was a change (a few years back) when Baen went outside their own distribution channel (using Amazon and others)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote