Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #16
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
This was a senseless purchase on my part, since I've already cluttered my hovel with an Aura HD, two Sony readers (PRS-350 and 950) and a Kindle 3. If I refrain from registering my T-2 -- and there's no point after the demise of the Sony Store -- then perhaps I can pack this word wafer in my travel tote without fearing its confiscation by airport customs gadget-hoarding goons.

Several Amazon customers have whinnied that the T-2 doesn't offer an indentation or holder for the stylus, which blows lavender donkey trusses, if you ask me (so don't). Sounds as though a third-party case might be mandatory. Does the official case have a place, Sun Ra?
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #17
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
rcentros: I especially like it now that I've figured out what font and size to embed before I send it to the device. I was converting to 14pt font size but lines were disappearing. 12pt seems to work great.
Sounds good. I'll have to try it. I've never specifically embedded font sizes before. Something new for me to work on.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #18
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Several Amazon customers have whinnied that the T-2 doesn't offer an indentation or holder for the stylus, which blows lavender donkey trusses, if you ask me (so don't). Sounds as though a third-party case might be mandatory. Does the official case have a place, Sun Ra?
I'm using an M-Edge Go! jacket for the Kindle Touch/4 (with the straps, not the plastic "grabber" model). Since the T2 is slightly thinner (and taller) than the Kindles, that leaves a small space within the case where I can slip the stylus through the straps. Works really well. (Although I personally almost never use the stylus.)

This is like the one I have, except my texture is a little different ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-Edge-Black...item20d235bebb

This is about the price I paid for it also. But they come in different colors and textures if you don't the black "alligator" one. (There's tons of them on eBay and probably Amazon.) Light weight and good quality. Before you buy, ask the seller if they come with the straps (maybe all these did, since they were made for several models -- the NST Go! jacket changed to the plastic "grabber," that's probably the one I'm thinking about). I think the "4 point mounting system" means four straps.

At Amazon ...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...!%20kindle%204

Should mention ... the power switch sits behind the bottom, right strap. Which is not a problem, I just push the strap where the switch is. A little bigger pain in the neck is that, that is also where the charging LED is located -- so you kind to have to look sideways to see the charging light -- or pull it out of the case if you're not as lazy as I am.

Last edited by rcentros; 06-21-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #19
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Sounds good. I'll have to try it. I've never specifically embedded font sizes before. Something new for me to work on.
Well just try one and see how you like it. You may not need to do it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #20
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm having a lot of problems with mine. I've already had to do two hard resets and uninstall and reinstall the driver. Whenever it's plugged into the computer or the wall, it shows the charging light, but the battery icon always shows as entirely drained.

At what point do I stop fiddling with this and try for a replacement? I hate the nuisance, but even if I get it working now, I'm not filled with confidence about how reliable it'll be down the road.

Cover tip: I found a pretty cheap official case at Amazon by searching for T-1 covers (which also fit the T-2). YMMV, but I always like how the official Sony covers add minimum bulk and weight to the readers.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #21
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
This was a senseless purchase on my part, since I've already cluttered my hovel with an Aura HD, two Sony readers (PRS-350 and 950) and a Kindle 3. If I refrain from registering my T-2 -- and there's no point after the demise of the Sony Store -- then perhaps I can pack this word wafer in my travel tote without fearing its confiscation by airport customs gadget-hoarding goons.

Exactly why I am probably going to take this one with me next weekend on a bus trip, during which I will be leaving a backpack on the bus while we roam around Washington DC. If for some reason a girl scout becomes covetous and the reader disappears, there will be no account for me to worry about.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I've just ordered this one, as the style looking appealing. Hopefully it will arrive before next weekend.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #23
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
I'm using an M-Edge Go! jacket for the Kindle Touch/4 (with the straps, not the plastic "grabber" model). Since the T2 is slightly thinner (and taller) than the Kindles, that leaves a small space within the case where I can slip the stylus through the straps. Works really well. (Although I personally almost never use the stylus.)
Thanks for the snazzy tips, r centros. So many cases, so little upper case!

booklover6 (what have you done with booklover5!?):

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I've just ordered this one, as the style looking appealing.
Now that's an inexpensive freestander. And remember: never trust a girl scout. Those cookies are laced with narcotics.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 06-21-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #24
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
For all those who have ordered one, have they been in spotless condition?

Any blemishes, or anything like that?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #25
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm having a lot of problems with mine. I've already had to do two hard resets and uninstall and reinstall the driver. Whenever it's plugged into the computer or the wall, it shows the charging light, but the battery icon always shows as entirely drained.

At what point do I stop fiddling with this and try for a replacement? I hate the nuisance, but even if I get it working now, I'm not filled with confidence about how reliable it'll be down the road.
I wonder if the battery has been drained for so long that it won't take a charge? Well, crud, I'm sorry to hear it. I had to let mine charge for quite a while the first time -- but I'm guessing you've already tried that.

As for reliability, I can only speak for my own T2 -- which I've had since April -- it's been rock solid.

Last edited by rcentros; 06-21-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #26
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
For all those who have ordered one, have they been in spotless condition?

Any blemishes, or anything like that?
The box on my first one was a little shelf worn -- but the T2, itself, looked brand new. I haven't opened the 2nd one yet, but the box is in nicer shape. I was planning on just handing it off sealed. But now that I've seen that at least one person has had a problem, I might have to test it instead.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #27
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

Cover tip: I found a pretty cheap official case at Amazon by searching for T-1 covers (which also fit the T-2). YMMV, but I always like how the official Sony covers add minimum bulk and weight to the readers.

These ARE factory refurbished, so it's conceivable that it was not properly repaired.

...Nevertheless, sorry to hear you're having some issues with your unit.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #28
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
I wonder if the battery has been drained for so long that it won't take a charge? Well, crud, I'm sorry to hear it. I had to let mine charge for quite a while charging it for the first time -- but I'm guessing you've already tried that.

As for reliability, I can only speak for my own T2 -- which I've had since April -- it's been rock solid.
Yeah, I left it on the charger (wall) overnight, which should have been sufficient. I'm in favor of refurbs in practice; one of my 350s and my 950 were refurbs and I've haven't had a scintilla of an issue with either. I suppose this is the risk you run, akin to pulling something out of a grab bag. I can believe that some of these have sat around so long that the battery has drained beyond redemption.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #29
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
These ARE factory refurbished, so it's conceivable that it was not properly repaired.

...Nevertheless, sorry to hear you're having some issues with your unit.
I think the problem with "refurbished" units, is that it really means "cleaned and repackaged customer returns." And, since so many of those returns were really the result of "buyer's remorse" with nothing actually wrong, the refurbishers assume that all of them are working fine and sometimes take shortcuts when testing.

Still, I feel bad that one of them isn't working.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #30
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

issybird: I recommend you do a factory reset before you give up. Then several charge cycles.

Dr D: Mine was completely NEW in appearance. Although the box had a big green refurbished sticker on it. (Quite a relief, as I had recently returned an "excellent condition" T1 to an Amazon seller. The device had Gouges on the screen!)

Prestidigitweeze: I could have been booklover5 until 2005 when my last baby made her appearance. The 6 stands for members of my family

Last edited by booklover6; 06-21-2014 at 11:21 AM.