Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #1
dlws92
dlws92 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi from NE Florida!

Hi all,

Greetings from a very wet north east Florida (thanks to Tropical Storm Fay). My Kindle kept me sane during the power outages...not only could I read but I could still SHOP!

I've had my Kindle since January and haven't done much other than download Amazon books. My goal is to reduce my Billy bookcase collection so I'm looking for ways to get free books or information on how to convert books.

Looking forward to learning more!
dlws92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:28 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
greetings ! no better way to weather a storm than with a good book ! we've got no tropical storms here but it's cold and wet as well, pelting down rain, makes me want to curl up in bed with a book and a cup of tea and stay there all day.

if you're looking ebooks and information on making ebooks, you've definitely come to the right place. mobileread has a huge collection of free public domain books lovingly formatted by our members (check the e-books link the blue bar at the top of the page) ; for kindle, take mobipocket format.

you can also learn how to format and create your own ebooks here. take a look around the e-book software forum to get lots of information and tools, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions ; we have a lot of very skilled and friendly members around here.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2008, 09:30 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi dlws92 and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and check out all teh free books here on the Forum.

And stay dry!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlws92 View Post
Hi all,

Greetings from a very wet north east Florida (thanks to Tropical Storm Fay). My Kindle kept me sane during the power outages...not only could I read but I could still SHOP!

I've had my Kindle since January and haven't done much other than download Amazon books. My goal is to reduce my Billy bookcase collection so I'm looking for ways to get free books or information on how to convert books.

Looking forward to learning more!
Welcome to the forum. If the above means scanning, OCRing & editing your pbooks, I'd like to invite you to the SE USA Hoedown on Oct 25th. I admit it would be a fairly long trip but I plan to discuss and demonstrate this. We would love to have you. It will be noonish that day near Ft. Payne, AL. I'll repost maps as the time gets near or you can either search the formum or PM me, DixieGal or Bookishdreamer.

Edit: Some good hiking trails there too.

Last edited by slayda; 08-24-2008 at 07:22 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Welcome to the forum. If the above means scanning, OCRing & editing your pbooks, I'd like to invite you to the SE USA Hoedown on Oct 25th. I admit it would be a fairly long trip but I plan to discuss and demonstrate this. We would love to have you. It will be noonish that day near Ft. Payne, AL. I'll repost maps as the time gets near or you can either search the formum or PM me, DixieGal or Bookishdreamer.

Edit: Some good hiking trails there too.

Ah, Slayda, would that I could be there!! I would attach to you like a shadow and drain your brain.......

(You do realize I am talking about your knowledge in scanning, OCR'ing, etc, right??)

Last edited by desertgrandma; 08-24-2008 at 09:23 PM. Reason: sp.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert