Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
[GUI Plugin] Temp Marker

This plugin makes use of a feature introduced in Calibre 0.7.49 of allowing books to be temporarily marked using some criteria and then displayed with a search of marked:true. This feature is extensively used by the Quality Check plugin.

This plugin exposes the same functionality for end-users, to allow you to arbitrarily select books from your library under some criteria, without the "permanence" of applying tags or custom column values. For instance you may be selecting individual books that need editing or you wish to save to disk/send to device, but not actually perform the action straight away. Via a right-click menu or toolbar button you can add books to the marked list, and display as a search result at any time.

The marked list is cleared either by you selecting the Clear all marked menu item or as soon as Calibre is restarted, whichever comes first.

Credit for the plugin idea belongs to nickdma, and chaley/Kovid for adding the marked feature.

Main Features of v1.2.2:
  • Add/remove selected books to the marked list
  • Add/remove books by the selected author(s) to the marked list
  • Add/remove books by the selected series to the marked list
  • Display the marked list
  • Clear the marked list
  • Customise with optional keyboard shortcuts
  • Click on the toolbar button as an alternative to add to the marked list
  • Ctrl+click or Shift+Click on the toolbar button as an alternative to display the marked list

Special Notes:
  • Requires Calibre v0.8.18 or later.

Installation Steps:
  1. Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/add to context menu or toolbar/restart Calibre as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.

Usage:
  1. Select the book(s) you wish to temporarily mark for attention
  2. Click on the toolbar button or menu of Mark selected to add to the marked list
  3. At any point, Ctrl+click on the toolbar button or click the menu of Show marked to display all the books you have on the list currently
  4. Click on the Clear marked menu item (or restart Calibre) to clear the list and start again.

Paypal Donations:
  • If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!

Version History:
Spoiler:
Version 1.2.2 - 15 Apr 2013
Add ability to mark/unmark all books by selected author(s) or series (contribution by barny)
When switching libraries, ensure keyboard shortcuts are reactivated
Prevent plugin being used in Device View or on Device View context menu

Version 1.2.1 - 13 Sep 2011
Fix for keyboard shortcuts, to ensure unique name stays same when number of items on list changes.

Version 1.2.0 - 11 Sep 2011
Upgrade to support the centralised keyboard shortcut management in Calibre

Version 1.1.2 - 30 Jul 2011
Display the number of items currently on the list in the "Show marked" menu item

Version 1.1.1 - 09 Apr 2011
Support skinning of icons by putting them in a plugin name subfolder of local resources/images

Version 1.1 - 03 Apr 2011
Rewritten for new plugin infrastructure in Calibre 0.7.53

Version 1.0 - 20 Mar 2011
Initial release of Temp Marker plugin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1_Toolbar.png
Views:	879
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	68630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2_Configuration.png
Views:	770
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	68631  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Temp Marker.zip (44.2 KB, 188057 views)

Last edited by kiwidude; 04-15-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: v1.2.2 Released
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.1 Released

Changes in v1.1:
  • Rewritten for new plugin infrastructure in Calibre 0.7.53
Advert
Old 04-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.1.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Support skinning of icons by putting them in a plugin name subfolder of local resources/images
Old 07-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Any chance of this getting a count displayed (in the manner of the Reading Lists)?
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:19 AM   #5
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@capnm - That would be a fairly easy addition and I agree useful. Will put it in the next release.
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 07:04 AM   #6
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.1.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Display the number of items currently on the list in the "Show marked" menu item
Old 09-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.2.0 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Upgrade to support the centralised keyboard shortcut management in Calibre

Requires Calibre 0.8.18. Note that you will lose any shortcuts you had previously assigned to features in this plugin. You can reassign them either using Preferences->Toolbar or from the Customise Plugin screen for this plugin.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
Mad Librarian
Mad Librarian began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Problem with Temp Marker

I have a bizarre problem that has popped up with the Temp Marker plug in.
I am running Ubuntu 10.04, Calibre 8.18 and the latest update to the plug in.

Problem: I highlight a book, and mark it. No problem. I then go to click on the icon so I can select display marked. Calibre exits completely!

So, I restart calibre, go to preferences and restart in debug mode.

go thru the mark book, click on the icon and Calibre completely exits. The debug log never displays automatically but I track it down and it is listed below.
---------------------------------------------------
calibre Debug log
calibre 0.8.18
Linux-2.6.32-33-generic-pae-i686-with-debian-squeeze-sid
Linux
('Linux', '2.6.32-33-generic-pae', '#72-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 29 22:06:29 UTC 2011')
Python 2.7.1
Linux: ('debian', 'squeeze/sid', '')
Starting up...
Started up in 25.2367520332

-------------------------------------------------
This the entire log.

I have removed and reinstalled the plug in, I have removed and reinstalled Calibre. Several times. I have tried selecting a different book to mark. None of this makes any difference.

Temp Marker plug in has always worked perfectly. I am uncertain, but believe that the plugin worked correctly after installing the latest update.

I am at a loss as to what to do to correct this or even what to do to get more debug messages.

I figure it is something stupid that I am doing but . . .

Thanks
Mad Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #9
Mad Librarian

additional info ref problem with temp marker

Just for grins, I assigned shortcut keys for mark and show marked.

I generally perfer to work from menus or right click context menus instead of shortcut keys.

The plugin works perfectly using shortcut keys.

Go back and try to use the menu icon or right mouse click to access context menu and Calibre completely exits again. ?????
Old 09-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #10
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@Mad Librarian

Quite right you are - looks like a gremlin from my Keyboard Shortcuts stuff. Unfortunately this was one of the plugins that I changed without testing it seems. Will push a new release shortly. Sorry for the hassle.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.2.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for keyboard shortcuts, to ensure unique name stays same when number of items on list changes.

Thanks to Mad Librarian for reporting the issue. The problem was caused by the menu item which "changes" every time you add items to the list showing the count of items. I thought I had catered for this but clearly not tested it and it needed an extra tweak.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #12
Mad Librarian

Thanks, that fixed it. I was beginning to think I had really screwed something up . . .
Old 01-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #13
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Happy new year!

I am attempting a major clean-up of my library and would like to use the plug-ins "Find Duplicate" (FD) and "Temp Marker" (TM) together. Alas, they will not work together properly on my system.

When I do a run with FD and then mark some of those entries, they will be marked (as shown in the TM menu, counting up) but I can not list them by "show marked items", that list is empty.

If I use TM without FD, i.e. selecting entries from the unfiltered list of books, then it works as advertised.

I am running the latest version of everything on a Windows Vista system.

Can somebody please help with a hint what could go wrong?

Thanxx, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #14
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@Mixx - it isn't possible to use the two plugins together in that way. They are both making use of the same feature in calibre, and the way it is being used means that their usage is exclusive of each other - i.e. books are either specially makred as duplicates, or they are specially marked in a temporary list. They cannot be both. In the same way you could not mix Quality Check results with these plugins.

Perhaps if you described why you want to use Temp Marker on those results of Find Duplicates we could make another suggestion.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #15
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks, Kiwidude,

I understand the limitation now and find it a pity. I am trying to eliminate duplicates. I run "Find Duplicates" and try to work with the generated list. I'd go through it one by one, adding the ones for Temp. Marker I do not want to retain. With that collection, I could run a batch delete at the end.

Will I have to resort to something like:
  1. display duplicate list
  2. "copy and delete" them to a temporary library
  3. work with that lib using Temporary Marker
  4. copy back the cleaned-up list to the original library
?

Thanxx, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote