Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-01-2007, 10:23 PM   #16
obelix
Connoisseur
obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
Is it possible to check if the terminal contacts are present on the cradle connector?
Igorsk, it's impossible to check CPU's pins, because this CPU does not have pins at all, all contacts are located at the bottom surface and are unreachable. Seems cradle connector does not have terminal input/output.
From left to right on the picture:
1) gnd 2) cradle LED (charge) 3)=10) ? 4) gnd 5) usb+ 6) usb- 7) gnd 8) +5V 9) not connected 10)=3)? (3 and 10 are interconnected)
I found no activity (checked with oscilloscope) on pins 3 and 10 in different modes of operation (start up, soft reset, hard reset,...).
obelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #17
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
D'oh! Stupid surface-mount technology!
Quote:
Originally Posted by obelix
I found no activity (checked with oscilloscope) on pins 3 and 10 in different modes of operation (start up, soft reset, hard reset,...).
I assume you're measuring against ground, but my anal nature (and engineering training, in a previous life) forces me to check anyway.

"Engineering is at least 90% confirmation, and it tends to bleed over."
-- me
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2007, 12:57 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How do you open up the Sony Reader?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:03 AM   #19
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
How do you open up the Sony Reader?
Two screws under the SD cover. One screw on the back. Two screws next to the cradle port. The chrome bumpers you have to "slide/pull" out, but do it very gently because they are very fragile!

When you have the bumpers off there are three screws on the left side and four on the right.

EDIT: Please be careful with the chrome bumpers because the edges are sharp. I have many cuts on my fingers by trying to get them of.

Last edited by diabloNL; 05-02-2007 at 01:32 AM.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote