Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
sonict72
Enthusiast
sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonict72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Web browser on Eink

I asked about the possibility of running a web browser on the Eink side. This was the response Entourage -

We are working on a conversion tool that will allow you to save web pages for viewing on the e-Ink screen. We don't think that the screen refreshes well enough to support web pages directly.

I wonder if the tool will be generic enough to convert anything in to PDF. But this is progress. I am really starting to like these guys...

kevin
sonict72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
jayakumar
jayakumar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jayakumar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jayakumar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: E-Ink
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonict72 View Post
I asked about the possibility of running a web browser on the Eink side. This was the response Entourage -

We are working on a conversion tool that will allow you to save web pages for viewing on the e-Ink screen. We don't think that the screen refreshes well enough to support web pages directly.
I just wanted to say that running a full fledged Android browser on an E Ink display is quite feasible. I don't believe it is necessary to cripple the experience by using a conversion tool. While there are quirks, I find it very usable. I've posted a video of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R962xzZXMLg or if you are in China, http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/IHLvLzPikNo/
jayakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
I know the original post is quite old, so I just thought I'd mention that the edge's built in browser does now indeed have a "send to e-ink" function and it works quite well. If you're on a web page and select this menu item, you are given the choice of converting to epub or pdf, and then within normally a few seconds the page is rendered on the eink side in one of these file formats. (ie it's not a browser on the e-ink side)
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote