Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Clarification?

If I have a Sony700...... and I buy a book from Barnes and Noble.........

I can't read it on the Sony?

The nook supports epub, right?

The two aren't compatible? I'm having a problem getting my mind around this.

If the above is correct, has the drm been cracked on the BN books?

I know they can both read library epub e-books, right?

Thanks .
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

Thanks .
The above is correct. Barnes and Noble uses a type of "social DRM" bases on a users name and credit card number. B & N ePub has been cracked.
The nook will work with Sony ePubs. Never tried mine with any library e-Pub books yet.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66295
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:

ePub, yes. Specific DRM for B&N, I don't think so.

Quote:
yes

Quote:

Thanks .
Yes, because Nook admits the two types of DRM and libraries have standard DRM (not that I know, at my country, if I ask about lending e-books, I'm sure the answer will be: we don't lend electronic devices )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
stallone
stallone began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:

Thanks .
If you buy an ebook from Barnes & Noble, you could not read it on the Sony reader at this time. The DRM used by Barnes & Noble is a new version of the Adobe DRM that everyone uses, and is supposedly going to be (or has been) released to other vendors for them to implement on their readers.

Long and short is that you cannot read a book purchased on B&N on anything but a nook at this time.

Both can read library ebooks just fine. The nook supports old and new versions of the Adobe DRM used for epub files.

And I do believe that I have heard the "B&N" new version of the Adobe DRM has been cracked, so really, if you want to crack it, this whole discussion is moot. That guy or gal that likes cabbages is smart...
stallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Thank you everyone. You've answered my questions.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert