Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #271
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
Booxtor's DropBox account was apparently disabled for now, because he caused too much traffic. Could somebody else maybe upload the latest firmware to some other service? Maybe some DropBox alternative like LiveMash (Microsoft) or UbuntuOne?
Dont worry, the link works again. They just disabled it temporally, because the allowed limit of traffic per day was exceeded.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #272
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Dont worry, the link works again. They just disabled it temporally, because the allowed limit of traffic per day was exceeded.
Great, thanks!

In regards to your request in reply to my previous post: the latest firmware update has solved this problem. Now page flipping works nicely after hide margin/ two-point zooms.

Great! This might be the final selling point for a friend who is almost convinced of getting the device for herself!
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #273
ragasol
ragasol began at the beginning.

Device: onyxboox m92
Quote:
Hi,

Could you test if the scribbling inaccuracy happens in books during annotations or also in the scribble software too? It is actually unusual behavior. I have tested a couple of M92 (with original and black pens) here and couldn't reproduce the described issue. And I did not calibrate the device - just installed 1.7.

May be additional recalibration helps?
Thank you:

Yes, I have tested everything. See the pictures... I will try to explain it. My apologize if my english is not good enough.

See the difference between the lines. At the top of the page, the pencil tip is just where the line is. But when I start moving down the screen, the distance between the tip and the line increases. And... only writing horizontal lines, not with vertical ones.

RAFA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1569.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	411.3 KB
ID:	83676   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1570.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	390.0 KB
ID:	83677   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1571.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	385.3 KB
ID:	83678   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1572.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	407.2 KB
ID:	83679   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1573.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	83680  
ragasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #274
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It is a lot. I had at most 1-2 mm in 1.6 firmware (where was some problem with calibration - I didn't use fix provided by one of users).

In 1.7 release candidate it is much better. Almost like a pen. I can write without any problems. It writes where I expect it to write.

It seems to me you the calibration of the pen is not correct (or there is the hardware problem).
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #275
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragasol View Post
Thank you:

Yes, I have tested everything. See the pictures... I will try to explain it. My apologize if my english is not good enough.

See the difference between the lines. At the top of the page, the pencil tip is just where the line is. But when I start moving down the screen, the distance between the tip and the line increases. And... only writing horizontal lines, not with vertical ones.

RAFA
Looking at the pictures, I can see that you
a) attempt to hold the pen vertically for drawing the lines, and
b) tilt the pen downwards on the lower lines. This is consistent with my hypothesis.

Please mind that the angle you hold the pen in calibrating and writing is very much relevant... and as you have 5 calibration sample points from which other the points are interpolated, the effect not being consistent on the entire screen makes perfect sense.

Either calibrate the pen holding it vertically on every point and always hold it vertically (very unconvenient from my point of view),
or always calibrate it at the different points holding it exactly as you would writing at these points and never hold it vertical for writing.

I've got very good results with the latter on 1.7RC firmwares.
If you try otherwise, mind that the tablet is _not_ locating the tip, but the sender above the tip.

Update: Maybe this helps to make my point understandable http://community.imaginefx.com/forum...ad/303831.aspx

Last edited by kodomo; 03-09-2012 at 11:15 AM.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #276
ragasol

I calibrate the stylus carefully, but is not easy to do. The first cross is easy to calibrate, but the other four are not. I have to try several times. Always using 1.7 firmware...

RAFA
Old 03-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #277
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragasol View Post
Thank you:

RAFA
Hi,
as I can see it is something wrong with the calibration of the lower part..

Try to calibrate lower part (lower two points in calibration screen) incorrect on purpose and test, if the behavior of scribbling has been changed afterwards..

Last edited by Booxtor; 03-09-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #278
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Nevermind - sorry to have insisted... tried to help explaining

Last edited by kodomo; 03-09-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #279
ragasol

Quote:
Hi,
as I can see it is something wrong with the calibration of the lower part..

Try to calibrate lower part (lower two points in calibration screen) incorrect on purpose and test, if the behavior of scribbling has been changed afterwards..
Hi Booxtor:

I have been calibrating wrong on purpose, and there is no improvement.

It is really difficult to calibrate. First point is the only one has to be touched once. Maybe there is a hardware problem.

RAFA

Last edited by ragasol; 03-09-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #280
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Booxtor didn't mean, that wrong on purpose calibration would fix your problem.

The aim was to find out if calibration does something (in your case). If you do it wrong on purpose, the result should be wrong (to the same extent). If you do calibration less wrong, drawing should be less wrong...

It is not easy to do calibration (at least in my case). Some points are easy, some difficult. Sometimes I have to try many times (more than 10-20) on one point.

I might do something in wrong way....

Anyway, at last everything works fine and pen writes quite precisely. Offset less than 1 mm (I guess).

----
What firmware do you have? I am not sure, but I think that 1.6 didn't use calibration at all or not suffitiently. 1.7 RC should be OK in this respect.

Last edited by Mono; 03-09-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:14 AM   #281
kodomo
M92 info archivist

charging issue

I've got a weird battery charging issue (I'm running 1.7rc 24/02/12)... it may be early to tell, because I charge the device only once per week (that is about 3 times since I own the device )... but so far, it persists.

The battery never charges fully in one session.
The orange charging light is lit when I attach it to the power plug at night and off in the morning.
When I disconnect and start the device, I see that it is not fully charged.
Reconnecting it to the power plug or a PC, the orange LED lights up again and it resumes charging.

Last week, when the battery was at 2X% before charging, it was at 5X% at morning... reconnecting it the night after that got me to 8X%, and dis-/reconnecting it the morning after to 100%.
This week, starting at 5X% before charging again got me to 89% in the morning.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour?

Last edited by kodomo; 03-10-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #282
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Dear Booxtor, maybe you could add to your first post the information about Scribble backgrounds given here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=236

Additionaly, I uploaded some PNG-templates as an alternative to kodomo's templates. See attachment.

EDIT: Added gray lines/squares/stave for better contrast.

EDIT2: Added the same (gray) templates with 1200 x 1200 pixels. They can be used in horizontal and vertical display mode now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip notes_template.zip (4.4 KB, 1701 views)
File Type: zip notes_template_gray.zip (2.0 KB, 1459 views)
File Type: zip notes_template_1200x1200.zip (2.3 KB, 1471 views)

Last edited by tuxor; 03-14-2012 at 08:06 AM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #283
kodomo
M92 info archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
Dear Booxtor, maybe you could add to your first post the information about Scribble backgrounds given here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=236

Additionaly, I uploaded some PNG-templates as an alternative to kodomo's templates. See attachment.
@tuxor: cool - at last, these are fitting the screen resolution (added links from the wiki to your post).
Would it be a hassle to update the post with versions having a lighter shade of gray? (I think the readability of black scribbles on, e.g., a light/medium gray grid might be better than black on a dark gray/black grid)

Cheers.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #284
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
No problem. Please tell, if the uploaded one is still to dark or even to light.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #285
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post

EDIT: Added gray lines/squares/stave for better contrast.

Thanks, tuxor! I have added to my first post the information about scribble backgrounds and your templates.