Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
FlyGoneCrazy
FlyGoneCrazy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Kindle DX standard dictionary

Hi,

unfortunately deleted dictionary from my Kindle DX. Anyone has ideas how to restore it? Thanks for advise.

Fly
FlyGoneCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Look in your archived items list.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 05:13 AM   #3
FlyGoneCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Look in your archived items list.
Problem is that I've deleted it through PC Together with some books

Fly
Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does your DX Home Page have a last line "Archived Items?" And - can you use Whispernet to access it?

Or are you saying you wiped out your entire DX document directory via your PC?
Old 04-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Does your DX Home Page have a last line "Archived Items?" And - can you use Whispernet to access it?

Hope he didn't do #2..
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
FlyGoneCrazy

Quote:

It has "Archived Items", but as I've deleted some books together with dictionary from PC, they didn't went there. I don't have Whispernet as in my country it's not supported... However in two days I'm going on business trip, so I'll be able to connect to Whispernet. However I haven't found any information that I'll be able to recover it through network so I doubt it. Unless you've been in such situation...?

If I remember correctly dictionary was like a regular file in Document directory with extension prc. I even thought to download some other dictionary and name it like first one. The problem that I don't remember exact name

Conclusion: sucks to live in a countru where Kindle is not supported. On the other hand Amazon could be more friendly for countries where they aren't covering service area, e.g. registration without whispernet, time synchronization, possibility to change dictionary, download books from amazon store through usb\pc internet.

Fly
Old 04-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGoneCrazy View Post
It has "Archived Items", but as I've deleted some books together with dictionary from PC, they didn't went there. I don't have Whispernet as in my country it's not supported... However in two days I'm going on business trip, so I'll be able to connect to Whispernet. However I haven't found any information that I'll be able to recover it through network so I doubt it. Unless you've been in such situation...?

If I remember correctly dictionary was like a regular file in Document directory with extension prc. I even thought to download some other dictionary and name it like first one. The problem that I don't remember exact name

Conclusion: sucks to live in a countru where Kindle is not supported. On the other hand Amazon could be more friendly for countries where they aren't covering service area, e.g. registration without whispernet, time synchronization, possibility to change dictionary, download books from amazon store through usb\pc internet.

Fly
Call Amazon CS and ask if you load Kindle for PC on your PC - if you can re-download the default dictionary onto your PC - and then transfer it to your Kindle using a USB cable.