Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #646
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
Since the new 2.1.x can bind bluetooth keyboard, it is about time that software team of PB make keyboard input available for the applications such as, dictionary, search, poterm, more hotkey and note taking. That will make PB902 really handy.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #647
sify903
sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Since I've installed 2.1.1 it seems that a cold bootup takes considerably longer than using 2.0.6.
I've not done a roleback so I cannot measure the difference, but with 2.1.1 bootup takes about 45 seconds (to mainmenu) which seems a lot longer than before?
sify903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #648
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Thumbs up Re: New Firmware - 902

deleted.

Last edited by dpayment; 06-27-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: fixed some errors
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #649
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up Re: New Firmware - 902

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
As far as I know it is, but 2.1.1 works quite good on the 602, so maybe you give it a try, downgrading is no problem if there are too many bugs
I installed 2.1.1 on my 902 yesterday, and it seems to work just fine. I checked several pub formats out, and as far as I can tell, it all seems to work pretty smoothly. I'm also using the latest release of CoolReader, and the only problem I've had so far is that CoolReader seems to have difficulty with changing orientation. If I'm reading in landscape mode, it doesn't seem to automatically switch to portrait when I rotate the 902 (although I only waited for a minute or so.) I turned the 902 off and back on, and the screen came up in portrait mode, but the text formatting was landscape. Had to power it off again and restart it to make it return to portrait-mode formatting. It does the same thing going from portrait to landscape.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #650
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Reguarding the PB360,

Is the most current firmware still the 15.3 beta?

Thank you.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #651
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
Reguarding the PB360,

Is the most current firmware still the 15.3 beta?

Thank you.
as far as I know, yes (I think there are two of them, one dated 29 October and one dated 8 December, the two files are called swupdate_08Dec2010_360_wg_15_3.zip and swupdate_29Oct2010_360_wg_15_3.zip. There is also a swupdate_08Dec2010_360_de_15_3.zip version.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #652
jekvb
Connoisseur
jekvb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3 Pro; Android: PocketBook & ReadEra
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpayment View Post
I'm also using the latest release of CoolReader, and the only problem I've had so far is that CoolReader seems to have difficulty with changing orientation. If I'm reading in landscape mode, it doesn't seem to automatically switch to portrait when I rotate the 902 (although I only waited for a minute or so.)
Is it Coolreader or is it yet FW 2.1.1?
I don't have Coolreader, just FBReader, PDFViewer and AdobeViewer. FW is 2.1.0. Since my upgrade to FW 2.1.0 the orientation problem pops up now and again. Just the way you describe it.
jekvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #653
dpayment
Connoisseur

I was having this same problem in 2.0.6, so I have to assume that it's CoolReader that is at issue.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #654
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Where can the PB 360 firmware be downloaded again? Is it an idea to stick these URL's in a separate sticky on this forum?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #655
Cola123
Cola123 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 902
has anyone had any problems with dictionaries since moving to 2.1.1?

If i open the dictionary and witch the english abby lingvo dictionary - it shows a russian keyboard on the screen.. not an english one.

Am I missing something here or is this a potential bug?
Cola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #656
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
I am running 2.1.1 and I do not have any problems. I change dictionaries to test it and the russian keyboard only appears when I used Ru-En Dictionaries. All the rest the regular keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola123 View Post
has anyone had any problems with dictionaries since moving to 2.1.1?

If i open the dictionary and witch the english abby lingvo dictionary - it shows a russian keyboard on the screen.. not an english one.

Am I missing something here or is this a potential bug?
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #657
Cola123

thanks skydive... maybe i'll drop back to 2.0.6 and see what happens.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #658
jane10021
jane10021 began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin V3, pocketbook 360
FB2 for the pocketbook 360 14.2 or higher.

I tried to install the latest version of de fb2 reader on my pocketbook360 bij following the instructions:
Quote:
If you want to override default FBReader just copy folder 'system' to your PocketBook`s internal memory. That`s all.
But that didn't work. So I tried to put it in different maps, but finally I copied the file (not the folder) into the Bin, and that worked. But now I was still missing things like fonts.
So I copied some fonts in the 'font' folder, that worked too. But can anyone tell me what the 'default' font is?
And shouldn't they be part of the fb2 files? There are a lot of fb2 files I haven't copied to my pocketbook (onlyl that one fb2 file to the bin) and I wondered if that had any consequences?

thanks a lot,
jane

btw, I found the latest versions of pocketbook 360 firmware on
http://www.pocketbook-usa.com/support/pocketbook-360/

and the fb2 on:
http://code.google.com/p/fbreader-pockebook/

Last edited by jane10021; 07-03-2011 at 07:13 AM.
jane10021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #659
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane10021 View Post
FB2 for the pocketbook 360 14.2 or higher.

I tried to install the latest version of de fb2 reader on my pocketbook360 bij following the instructions:
Quote:
If you want to override default FBReader just copy folder 'system' to your PocketBook`s internal memory. That`s all.
But that didn't work.
It works I have just tried.
There is /system/ folder at the root of the device that you see when you connect the device to the PC.
in system there are a few directories
See this post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...71#post1481771

If you have file /system/bin/fbreader.app packed in the archive and you copy the system folder to your device, it is the same as if you would manually placed fbreader.app into /system/bin/ on your device.

Please note, if you downloaded, for example graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.3.zip, you also need to copy /system/share/FBReader/resources/*.xml to the device
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane10021 View Post
But now I was still missing things like fonts.
So I copied some fonts in the 'font' folder, that worked too. But can anyone tell me what the 'default' font is?
And shouldn't they be part of the fb2 files? There are a lot of fb2 files I haven't copied to my pocketbook (onlyl that one fb2 file to the bin) and I wondered if that had any consequences?
FB2 is an unique format.
It doesn't contain formatting info. It doesn't tell device what font to use. It contains info about structure of the document. It is up to you how you configure your FBReader to display various elements, such as headers, body text, footnote, ...

There are a few fonts located in internal memory of the device, that isn't accessible to user when you connect the device to PC. Plus you can place fonts to /system/fonts and FBReader and other apps in the device will be able to use those fonts.
So there isn't "default" font. Your new FBReader uses the same configuration file as the built-in one, so it will use the same font. I think, that there is some "fallback" font, that FBReader will use when you delete the font it was configured to use from the /system/fonts directory. That "fallback" font might be one of fonts located in the internal memory of the device.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #660
Cola123

anyone know what the latest firmware update for a 902 is?