Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
75% Rebate sale on Agatha Christie at FW

Fictionwise currently has a 75% rebate on all books by Agatha Christie. It appears that you are able to pay using Micropay and using the 25% off coupon (theiphoneblog25) you can get the books for around $0.83 each.

Might be of interest to some.

Last edited by Crusader; 02-22-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Woo hoo! Thanks for letting us know about another great deal, Crusader!
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Fictionwise currently has a 75% rebate on all books by Agatha Christie. It appears that you are able to pay using Micropay and using the 25% off coupon (theiphoneblog25) you can get the books for around $0.83 each.

Thanks so much for the info! I never get my Fictionwise emails until Tuesday -- I don't know why .

Beware "Destination Unknown" -- that one requires a credit card to get the rebate and will make your whole cart that way.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Thanks so much for the info! I never get my Fictionwise emails until Tuesday -- I don't know why .

Beware "Destination Unknown" -- that one requires a credit card to get the rebate and will make your whole cart that way.

-Marcy
This wasn't in an e-mail. I spotted it while going through the Big Bargains list. I also get my e-mail on Tuesdays.

Glad you found it useful!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Looks like some are 95 cents, others less. Two are in the PD in the US (and there are three versions of one and five versions of the second of these two, leaving 77 non-PD titles, assuming no further duplicates). The two PD titles are available in the forum's download section.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:

You've broken my resolve. How can I pass up getting Agatha Christie for less than $1 per book?

$52.91 new money, and $21.06 from my micropay account have bought me 78 Agatha Christie mysteries and four books that were on my wishlist. (The ones from my wishlist were at 100% micropay rebate, and supplied the new money.)

Average cost per book: a fraction over $0.90 - or just under 60p each. I wouldn't find a second-hand paperback for 60p!

Of course, this has rather spoiled my target for my TBR folder....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #7
Crusader
Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You've broken my resolve. How can I pass up getting Agatha Christie for less than $1 per book?

Of course, this has rather spoiled my target for my TBR folder....
My sincere apologies on both counts!
Old 02-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My sincere apologies on both counts!
Well, when good ebooks are available that I'm sure I'll enjoy, at less than $1, for a limited time, it seems silly not to buy them.

I'd certainly rather know about the good offers and make an informed choice.

I would give you some more Karma, but Mobileread won't let me just at the moment.

Last edited by pdurrant; 02-22-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Thanks much!

Thanks Crusader! I picked up 8 that were missing from my e-collection, harder-to-find ones like Parker Pyne Investigates and the Mysterious Mr Quin.

And I love how the ereader format displays on my jetBook Lite with left-alignment and large font (for old and strained eyes from "too much reading", ha ha).
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #10
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Thanks! I picked up two of the Marples with micropay. I am not a huge Poirot fan but I do like the Miss Marple ones and there were a few in epub. I have never bought secure mobi and am not sure I want to complicate my bookshelf that much Secure eReader and secure Epub are plenty.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:26 AM   #11
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Thanks! I picked up two of the Marples with micropay. I am not a huge Poirot fan but I do like the Miss Marple ones and there were a few in epub. I have never bought secure mobi and am not sure I want to complicate my bookshelf that much Secure eReader and secure Epub are plenty.
If you use Calibre, secure mobi is by far the easiest format. There is a plug-in that will un-secure as you import into Calibre. Can't get any less complicated than that. Mobi is my DRM'd format of choice for that reason, even though I read only on a Sony that can't handle mobi. I just have Calibre convert them to epub.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:28 AM   #12
fastesthamster
fastesthamster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
75% Micropay rebate on all Agatha Christie titles @ Fictionwise

http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/a2...Christie/?si=0
fastesthamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:54 AM   #13
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
With the iphoneblog25 coupon, my Buywise membership, the promotion and an extra 10% rebate for spending $100 I just purchased 27 Agatha Christie books for $10.05

Can't argue with that!

Last edited by ChristopherTD; 02-25-2010 at 03:57 AM.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:58 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

There are 78 unique Agatha Christie titles on Fictionwise. Two titles are public domain in the US, and so have several versions. The 'official' ones are from harper collins, and doing an advanced search on author: Agatha Christie and Publisher: Harper Collins, Inc. will being up the full list of 78.

This leaves five titles not available:
A Pocket Full of Rye
Death Comes as the End
Hickory Dickory Dock
Murder is Easy
Why Didn't They Ask Evans?

Looking at the Harper Collins (US) website, it seems that Death Comes as the End should become available on 3rd March, along with her autobiography. Several other ebooks only became available on 10th February. So I hope that over the next few months the remaining four title will also appear.

It's a shame that the ebooks don't all come in all formats. And that some have such dreadful covers. Really nice cover images (TIFFs) for all the books are available at the Harper Collins (UK) website.

There are a few more collections of short stories that were published in the US, but the stories in them all appear in other collections. (Well, except for Three Blind Mice aka The Mousetrap which can't be published in the UK until after the run of the play. 57 years and counting!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #15
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
I may have to take advantage of this opportunity later today...

Anyone care to venture the 10 must have books by Agatha Christie? (I don't see myself purchasing all 78 of them and I have recently downloaded the two available here on MR.)

Many thanks in advance. Feel free to send the info privately if you don't wish to muddy up this thread.

EDITED TO ADD:

Well, I bit the bullet and purchased/downloaded 9 volumes as I already owned one.
With the 25% off coupon and the 75% micropay rebate, the cost per book was about $0.87 each (with a micropay balance of over $31 left on account). Not a bad deal at all.

Last edited by Bluesman7; 02-28-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote