Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
ebook_wv
ebook_wv doesn't litterebook_wv doesn't litter

Device: None
How do I edit the tags with Calibre for the books on the reader

I just started using Calibre and want to edit the tags for the books that are already on my reader's internal memory. But the "Edit Metadata" button is greyed out in the "reader" mode. Looks like it only works in the "library" mode. Did I miss something?
ebook_wv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
What I did is edited the tags in library mode and then sent everything to the Reader, and it updated the tags that way. I was afraid it would sync everything twice but it didn't, it just rearranged the stuff I had changed. Bear in mind I have only done this once ever.

Last edited by banjobama; 02-24-2010 at 01:01 PM.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Same here.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
ebook_wv

That sounds a lot of work since I have nothing in the library. Do I need to transfer all the books from the reader to the library, edit the tags, and sync them back to the reader? If that's the case, probably I'll switch back to Sony Library software.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You could just use the Sony software, while Reader is connected, to delete books within collections or add books to collections. I do this sometimes.
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Connect your reader, click the reader icon,then double click the entries you want to change.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant

Thanks, Kovid!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #8
ebook_wv

Thanks Kovid! Calibre rules!
Old 02-27-2010, 05:04 AM   #9
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Connect your reader, click the reader icon,then double click the entries you want to change.
This is why I use Calibre - It just works!
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote