Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 08-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
KimoKroc
KimoKroc began at the beginning.

Device: None at the moment
Convert mobypocket (huff) dictionary to pdb ereader ?

Hi !

I have successfully strip drm from my mobipocket dictionary, but I would like to read it on iphone, and a good iphone reader is ereader.

Is there a way to convert properly to pdb ?

I try convert prc to html (with the mobihuff.py script) it gave me a HUGE html files, but I can't use this file with ebook studio for creating pdb file because every time I try to load the html file, ebook studio crashed.

Thanks in advance for your help,

KimoKroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoKroc View Post
Hi !

I have successfully strip drm from my mobipocket dictionary, but I would like to read it on iphone, and a good iphone reader is ereader.

Is there a way to convert properly to pdb ?

I try convert prc to html (with the mobihuff.py script) it gave me a HUGE html files, but I can't use this file with ebook studio for creating pdb file because every time I try to load the html file, ebook studio crashed.

Thanks in advance for your help,

I would suggest.
1. break the file up and see if it is the size that is causing the problem.
2. check the HTML with w3c checker and see if there are illegal HTML statements that might be causing the crash. Mobi uses some non-standard HTML statements that might be the culprit.
3. Try reading the file into word. If that works they use a word macro to convert the file with dropbook. (see the wiki for a list of macro's you can use)

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert