Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
Soxendom
Connoisseur
Soxendom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
FB2's and Em-dash

I use BD for making FB2's. Even if I change dashes to em-dashes within BD, after making the book, all the em-dashes have changed back into hyphens. Does anyone know what code or whatever I need to use to change them back into em-dashes after making the book.
Soxendom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
acanthicus
Connoisseur
acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-350, PRS-T3
Hello Soxendom,

within the fb2-making-dialog there ist a dropdown box on the right, where you can choose the type of dashes: short (which is the default), middle and long.
I tried "long" and it worked.

I don't think, that you can change it back automatically. You have to search and replace manually to avoid that all hyphens, including the right ones, convert to em-dashes.
If you have blank-hyphen-blank instead of blank-emdash-blank it would be easier.

Last edited by acanthicus; 10-13-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: hoping someone understands what I am writing...
acanthicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert