Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Question Nexus 7 - where is the Default Ebooks folder?

I have a Nexus 7 which I am very pleased with.
I am adding ebooks onto it, downloaded from various places

However I seem to have 2 books folders (not google books!) One is called Books and one EBooks
Can anyone tell me which is the default one please?
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
I have a Nexus 7 which I am very pleased with.
I am adding ebooks onto it, downloaded from various places

However I seem to have 2 books folders (not google books!) One is called Books and one EBooks
Can anyone tell me which is the default one please?
What do you mean by "default"?
Default folder would suggest a default ebook app.
But there isn't any. Google Play on Android would be closest to some kind of "default".
I guess, you've already installed some ebook apps?
They install the respective folders and basically each app accesses another folder.
In which app do you want to open your books? And what's the format (ePUB, PDF, Mobipocket, ...) of your books?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
What do you mean by "default"?
Default folder would suggest a default ebook app.
But there isn't any. Google Play on Android would be closest to some kind of "default".
I guess, you've already installed some ebook apps?
They install the respective folders and basically each app accesses another folder.
In which app do you want to open your books? And what's the format (ePUB, PDF, Mobipocket, ...) of your books?
So wasn't there a book folder on it originally?
I have Aldiko which was on it when I got it. It has its own folder
Also Kobo books That has its own folder also
Cant figure out the other two though. as no more readers
Old 12-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So wasn't there a book folder on it originally?
I have Aldiko which was on it when I got it. It has its own folder
Also Kobo books That has its own folder also
Cant figure out the other two though. as no more readers
One of your folders is from Aldiko.
On my tablets, there was a free title in Aldiko, so the respective folder was easy to identify.
The help menu of Aldiko (sorry, haven't used it for more than a year) somewhere explains, in which folder to put sideloaded books.
I've got neither of your 2 folders, so those aren't Android/Nexus specific.
I've got Kobo, nook and Kindle on my Nexus 7, so it's not from them either.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
Dreamnine
Enthusiast
Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dreamnine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, iPod Touch 5
I just have one folder which I created on my Nexus 7 which I call 'My epubs'.

It's the only one I use and I let Aldiko and the Kobo app import content from it - I have to be careful with Kobo as it offers the choice of deleting the original files, so I always untick that.

I'm guessing there is a folder for Google Play Books somewhere, but I don't use that ereader anyway.
Dreamnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 05:31 AM   #6
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
One of your folders is from Aldiko.
On my tablets, there was a free title in Aldiko, so the respective folder was easy to identify.
The help menu of Aldiko (sorry, haven't used it for more than a year) somewhere explains, in which folder to put sideloaded books.
I've got neither of your 2 folders, so those aren't Android/Nexus specific.
I've got Kobo, nook and Kindle on my Nexus 7, so it's not from them either.
Thanks.
Can't find a Help menu in Aldiko.

A mystery then Maybe I should delete them both and see what happens?
Had thought one of them was supposed to be there.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Thanks.
Can't find a Help menu in Aldiko.

A mystery then Maybe I should delete them both and see what happens?
Had thought one of them was supposed to be there.
If there are no books in those 2 folders, you can do so without a risk.

In Aldiko: Maybe it was in settings instead of help section. Anyway, if you delete Aldiko's folder, it's still working.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
I'm guessing there is a folder for Google Play Books somewhere, but I don't use that ereader anyway.
There is. For me, it's deeply nested in a folder on my sd card under the "android" directory.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote