Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Rebooting

To reboot you just hold the on/off button to shut down and then restart correct? Or is there another way?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
that's the only way I know - there no reset button that I can see.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
that's the only way I know - there no reset button that I can see.
Thanks. I was wondering if there was an easier way I wasn't aware of.

Carol
Old 11-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Thanks. I was wondering if there was an easier way I wasn't aware of.

Carol
It's like that with most Android devices.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's like that with most Android devices.
Thanks.

Carol
Old 11-26-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
My old LG Optimus V was able to be rebooted holding the power button and up volume button at the same time. Pressing any two buttons on the Fire is not possible as you know
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
kbarnsda
KBar
kbarnsda doesn't litterkbarnsda doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Fire, Amazon Kindle
Under the "docs" on the Kindle fire, there is a Fire Users Guide...
On the very first few pages is a section called "Kindle Fire hardware"
In that section it tells the 3 ways to turn off the Fire.
1) press and release. for "sleep mode"
2) Press hold till you get the message to shut down. to "turn off"
3) Press and hold for 20 seconds... release after it shuts down...
then press to turn on again. This is recommended for when/if
the device becomes unresponsive.

I also use this when I install a new app that does not appear to be behaving properly.
kbarnsda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:53 PM   #8
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnsda View Post
Under the "docs" on the Kindle fire, there is a Fire Users Guide...
On the very first few pages is a section called "Kindle Fire hardware"
In that section it tells the 3 ways to turn off the Fire.
1) press and release. for "sleep mode"
2) Press hold till you get the message to shut down. to "turn off"
3) Press and hold for 20 seconds... release after it shuts down...
then press to turn on again. This is recommended for when/if
the device becomes unresponsive.

I also use this when I install a new app that does not appear to be behaving properly.
Were we supposed to READ the Users Guide?

Carol
Old 11-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #9
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Were we supposed to READ the Users Guide?

Carol
I thought I was reading the user's guide...isn't it called MobileRead Forum?!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #10
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
You are supposed to key "reset" in morse code on the on/off button.
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #11
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
I thought I was reading the user's guide...isn't it called MobileRead Forum?!
I thought so too.

Karma to you

Carol