Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 12:46 AM   #16
Joe Minton
eReader
Joe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Sony 650, iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, Nook: Touch/Glow/Color/Tablet
I meant to 'say' 300 not 600. I have both in addition to brain fade.

Joe
Joe Minton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:11 AM   #17
rudyt
Sony Reader
rudyt began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 and PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSapient View Post
Can the fonts be adjusted without "Russifying" the 300? I can't find a css file to edit, so I'm guessing not. Then again, I may just be stupid.
As maxbookworm stated, you'll need to hack the 300 to get the customizable epub fonts. There's a great guide to installing the hack by RonF at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=62528&page=5 - look for Post #72. It's worth it just for the clock.

Note that to get the epub font hack, you'll have to install v1.05a of the hack, not v1.04a as listed in RonF's instructions.

Flash away - it's pretty hard to brick a 300 (but it can be done). You can always restore the original firmware later on.

/rudy
rudyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #18
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
PRS+ for 300 (currently no release available, only preview) also includes pepak's hard and even allows to switch between several css styles.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #19
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
You know that there is also a hacked AdobeViewer.app for the PB360 available which allows you to use custom css styles and custom fonts?
Oh, that's good to know! I may need to give that a try... Thanks!
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #20
Enuf
Enuf began at the beginning.

Device: eeePC 900, iphone and PRS300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Minton View Post
I followed the instructions on your website to install the software on my PRS-300. It does not work.

When I select your software instead of the Sony, the 600 just sits there. It never goes beyond the selection screen.

If, on the other hand, I make the Sony selection, the 600 responds immediately. What have I done wrong?

BTW: could you elaborate the installation procedure? Do I copy the basic folder and its contents or each of the separate folders?

Thank you,
Joe Minton
Joe

When I tried this first I only copied the Sony Reader folder and I got the same result as you. Then I tried copying all the files and it worked

John
Enuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #21
Loose_Appeal
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish?
Loose_Appeal doesn't litterLoose_Appeal doesn't litter

Device: Current: PRS-650, Previous: Books
Does this also add full justification on the text for epub format books?

EDIT:

I tried the firmware, and it does not give full justification for epub, at least I have a proper clock now though

Last edited by Loose_Appeal; 07-15-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Loose_Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:52 AM   #22
Elton Noway
Elton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
So I bit the bullet today and Russified my PRS-300 using RonF‘s excellent instructions here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=62528&page=5 (post #72)

I went ahead and used boroda’s version 1.05a and it worked easily and flawlessly.
Although my 300 is only 3 weeks old... I also got brave and took the plunge. Followed your lead for Russification and it went very smoothly. No problems. Love the clock feature and being able to turn the page using the 5,6,7,8 number buttons. Thanks for giving me the courage to proceed

Quote:
Then, I created a Fonts directory in the root of the READER drive that shows up on my computer when the reader is plugged in via USB and put my current favorite fonts there
I want to apply this change as well but have a question. You say you created a "Fonts" directory in the root of the reader but in looking at your css file it appears the reader is looking for the fonts to be in a Fonts directory which is a sub directory of Data. (as shown in this line of data taken from your css file)

src:url(res:///Data/Fonts/GenBkBasB.ttf);

Or am I simply misinterpreting the code in your css file? I just want to make sure I'm clear before I make this change. NET: Do I just create a directory labeled Fonts in the root directory... or do I create a directory labeled DATA and within the Data directory create a directory /subdirectory labeled Fonts?
Elton Noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #23
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Data is what the root directory is called in Sony-land. So yes, create the Fonts directory in your root, but when you call it in the css, you'll precede that with the Data directory.

Glad you got brave
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #24
Elton Noway
Elton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enoughElton Noway will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-300
Quote:
Data is what the root directory is called in Sony-land. So yes, create the Fonts directory in your root, but when you call it in the css, you'll precede that with the Data directory.

Glad you got brave
Awesome... thanks for getting back to me. FYI... I didn't have to worry about what I called the directorys in the css file... (I figured no sense reinventing the wheel) ... I just copied yours!

I love it. Nice job. THANKS
Elton Noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #25
Stoste
Stoste has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Palm Tx; Sony reader prs-300
Hi, I installed the hack in my prs-300 (boroda) - works great and I love the clock? But now I was wondering if it’s possible to change the font to lrf, I really prefer this format to epub. I seach around and din't found it, so problably that means that is not possible, but i would apreciate any help/confirmation on this.
Stoste is offline   Reply With Quote