Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #1
dream46go
dream46go began at the beginning.

Device: none
two tablet android, one library

Hi,
I have a black tablet and my wife have a white tablet.
I have calibre in a PC with some ebooks?
What App to manage ebook?
What App to read ebook?

[Image violates guidelines for size. - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-03-2014 at 10:51 AM.
dream46go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Great picture!

Use Calibre on your PC, put Calibre Companion app (it's in the playstore) on each tablet, use it to manage device libraries. Use Moon Reader+ Pro to read (I believe it's on sale in the play store this month...not sure about in your country).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Go here to check out your choice of reading apps for your tablets.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70921

My preference is Aldiko.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #4
dream46go

Thank you for your answer...Calibre Companion app on each tablet, I can use it to manage device libraries.......
Can I insert a user/pass for my wife?
Can I insert a restriction for my wife to download only a book in a week?
Old 08-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You can set up the calibre content server to only broadcast a restricted virtual library.

You can also setup a username/password (in Preferences ==> Sharing over the net), although for fine-grained control (per-person booklist/login combos) you will want to either run multiple servers via the command-line interface or use a more advanced server as a proxy.

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-04-2014 at 01:51 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream46go View Post
Huh?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Huh?
Some families have to worry about too many shoes, some families have to worry about too many books...

I don't know, peoples' expectations these days...

Old 08-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #8
dream46go

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You can set up the calibre content server to only broadcast a restricted virtual library.

You can also setup a username/password (in Preferences ==> Sharing over the net), although for fine-grained control (per-person booklist/login combos) you will want to either run multiple servers via the command-line interface or use a more advanced server as a proxy.
I can follow yor solution, thank you.
Before, I can create a virtual lib mywifelibrery.
After, I can:
calibre-server --username mywife --password mywife --thread-pool 1 --port 8081 --restriction mywifelibrery

Old 08-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

I don't think anyone expected a need for this functionality...

I bet you could do something with apache to reject connections after one download, but for the life of me I have no idea how. (Or why, but that is a different story.)

I do know that you cannot do it natively in calibre.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:49 PM   #10
dream46go

Can I start calibre-server without download?
Old 08-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #11
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream46go View Post

That would be grounds for divorce in my house. Or, maybe I'd close the kitchen.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #12
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This seems a bit like the usual request to introduce a technical solution to what IS more of a TRUST issue.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #13
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Downloading a book from Calibre is not the same as purchasing a book, so I don't see why anyone would care.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #14
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Downloading a book from Calibre is not the same as purchasing a book, so I don't see why anyone would care.
That is precisely why anyone cares. Purchasing a book would make it very obvious why this is needed.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #15
dream46go

Hi,
I am a developer, I need only tecnical solution