Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 05:21 AM   #1
MAMSPROD
MAMSPROD began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-reader
QVariant and Python error

Hi all,

Having a problem while starting Calibre 8.48. After looking around on this forum and through Google on the net I found several possible solutions, but none worked. So I ran Calibre in debug mode. See the input between the star-lines below. I have Windows 7, Home Premium 64bit, as OS on an Intel based computer.
I have searched for msi files, removed them, reïnstalled Calibre and it started fine. Few days later same problem reappears. I have no more solutions, but really would like to continue using Calibre since it is a really fine program. I understand most of the functions I use intuitively.

Anyone?

Marc

Python function terminated unexpectedly
cannot import QVariant ,Error Code: 1>
Traceback <most recent cal last>:
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\debug.py", line 190, in main
File "site.py", line 50, in load_module
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\_init_.py", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name QVariant

MAMSPROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:23 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
reinstall calibre, then exclude the calibre installation directory from your antivirus program.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert