Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #16
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Got mine several days ago, we are in Florida on vacation. Today decided to read by the pool, no way, far to much reflection. So I decide to go get my wife's old Sony, (she bought a brand new Kindle 3 and loves it) to read poolside, but first I thought I would grab my sunglasses from the car. Sat down to try out the NC with shades on and nothing just a blank dark screen, showed it to my wife and kept pressing the power and n but the screen is black, was convinced it was now dead. Took of the shades and noticed I could see the screen. Showed it to my wife who had shades on and she gets black, turned it sideways and then she said she could see it a bit. Weird, but basically the thing just doesn't cut it in bright daylight or sun. Not sure if an anti-glare screen protector will help.

Love it for indoors
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #17
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
The nook color screen doesn't hold up at ALL under sunlight combined with polarized sun glasses.

For me, with the screen at MAX brightness, and a non-reflective screen cover, and no sunglasses, I can comfortably read in the sun.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert